Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 04:46 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I was born here. If you have to use lies to make your point then your point is not that strong.
I REALLY hate that "we're all immigrants" nonsense, too. Last I checked, I was born in Summit, New Jersey. My mom was as well, and my brother, and my dad was born in Newark. Pretty sure we're all full blooded 100% Americans. DON'T call me an immigrant. That sh*t insults me and very few things offend me.

NOBODY has a right to come here. Nobody is entitled to the United States but Americans, those of us who were born here. We have no obligation to accommodate the crazies coming from anywhere else in the world, especially if there's the slightest chance a few are being planted to attack us (don't call me crazy for saying this because look at the Syrian who got to Europe a month ago via a Greek island and just was involved with attacking Paris).

Given all our government knows, especially now, it is utterly mind-boggling that they're still inviting tens of thousands of people in. Do they want to destroy us? I'm beginning to think so. Utter idiots. If I were president I would shut that refugee plan down yesterday. F*** them all, we protect our own here. WE come first, us Americans, not everybody else. It shouldn't be any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 04:47 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I REALLY hate that "we're all immigrants" nonsense, too. Last I checked, I was born in Summit, New Jersey. My mom was as well, and my brother, and my dad was born in Newark. Pretty sure we're all full blooded 100% Americans. DON'T call me an immigrant. That sh*t insults me and very few things offend me.

NOBODY has a right to come here. Nobody is entitled to the United States but Americans, those of us who were born here. We have no obligation to accommodate the crazies coming from anywhere else in the world, especially if there's the slightest chance a few are being planted to attack us (don't call me crazy for saying this because look at the Syrian who got to Europe a month ago via a Greek island and just was involved with stacking Paris).

Given all our government knows, especially now, it is utterly mind-boggling that they're still inviting tens of thousands of people in.
They have to lie because they have no point.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Even the most peaceful Muslim is one who believes that women are second-class citizens unfit to be independent thinkers.
There are about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. How many of them have you known well enough to make that claim?

The third world, regardless of religion, tends to view women as property, no different from those who initially settled in the US from Europe.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
there are about 1.6 billion muslims in the world. How many of them have you known well enough to make that claim?

The third world, regardless of religion, tends to view women as property, no different from those who initially settled in the us from europe.
lol

Old 11-15-2015, 04:52 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Why stop them? What the hell is America? We're all immigrants.

I was at a freethought Atheists meeting yesterday in Seattle and there was a Saudi girl speaking about Islam there. It would be a mistake to keep someone as bright and intelligent as she was out of this country. It's IMMIGRANTS like her that make America what it is.

What about the Mexicans who came here 30 years ago? Look at our campuses. Their children are growing up, going to school having children of their own and making America better every step of the way. I sometimes ride the bus and where I saw mostly black, white and Asian people now I see people of every stripe. Bedouin girls, Iraqi mothers and teens, Somali, African, Pakistani, Indian and Latinos are ubiquitous. I saw an Indian girl from Brazil, 6" 5" tall and stunning.

Let them come. We're only better for it. If there's some bad apples It's well worth the risk.
The people I live among say if you live in America, speak American--Lakota,Navajo, Ojibwa etc. If you speak English go back to England.

True everyone of us that is not from the indigenous people are immigrants.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The people I live among say if you live in America, speak American--Lakota,Navajo, Ojibwa etc. If you speak English go back to England.

I was born here.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. How many of them have you known well enough to make that claim?

The third world, regardless of religion, tends to view women as property, no different from those who initially settled in the US from Europe.
Except we have moved on from that mindset. In some Muslim countries it is illegal for women to drive. They have not moved on, for centuries. They have not caught up.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Except we have moved on from that mindset. In some Muslim countries it is illegal for women to drive. They have not moved on, for centuries. They have not caught up.
Women and men do not even worship together IIRC?

Old 11-15-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:

I am not an immigrant. That is such a weak argument.

Native Americans did not form a state. They did not form governments or even really that many cities and structures. Many were nomadic, very in tune with nature more than anything. Lived among nature, relied heavily on it. They were smart people, rather advanced, but what is now America was essentially a very large plot of nothing. Some Europeans accidentally landed here 500 years ago and won the battle for that land. They took over and created a society and countries. They won. Deal with it.

What they did to NAs was not right. They did some awful things. But NAs did terrible things, too. Even pre-contact, they were often very ruthless. They were violent and dare I say barbaric in their treatment to outsiders and enemy tribes. And let's not forget they also migrated here from Asia across the land bridge.

So 500 years after the first Europeans landed here, anyone has the nerve to call me an immigrant? When I was born here? So were my parents and 3 of my grandparents, the 4th born overseas but with dual citizenship so he was an American anyway? Three plus generations of Americans and you tell me I'm an immigrant? Nope.

Maybe I was lucky enough to be born here. Such is life. No one deserves America, no one is entitled to it. And America certainly doesn't deserve terrorists to infiltrate it as our blind government invites them in.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:03 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Quote:

And if you go back even further, those Lakota, Navajo, Ojibwa etc. came from other places at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events