Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 07:21 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
as soon as it sinks in that very many Syrian refugees are Christian, somebody will claim that the push to keep Syrian Refugees out of the US, is a Muslim plot to keep Christians from immigrating to the US.
I do not care if they are Christian, Atheist or Jedi. I do not want to pay their welfare. PERIOD.

This is not a Christian country, it is a secular country. People can give charity if they wish I do not think it is an obligation of every US citizen to give welfare to everyone in the world. Spend US dollars to help Americans that are in need.

Quote:
Lt is actually very easy for a Muslim woman to initiate a divorce if she desires to do so.

In Islam a Nikkah (Marriage contract is handled much like any business contract. Both couples specify the terms they want included in the contract.

Both parties need to be certain they have specified, in the Nikkah, the required settlement in the event of a divorce. This is one pupose a woman has a Wali for her first marriage, it is his duty to be certain the woman incudes all things in the Nikkah and does not get cheated.

There are many things both parties are required to include in the Nikkah but they can also add numerous other things. A smart woman insures stipulation of a set income for life in the even of a divorce.

No court action is required for an Islamic divorce. Ether party need only publically announce they are divorced on 3 occasions and after that if they do not share the same bed for 3 consecutive months, they are divorced.

all conditions made in the Nikkah must be settled at that time. A smart Muslim woman is a "good housekeeper", she keeps the house in the event of a divorce.

while it is easy for either party to divorce in Islam, it is very discouged and both should make sincere attempts and reconcilliation before resorting to divorce.

It is very difficult to undo a divorce once it is completed even if both parties want to remarry

For the actual formal steps that entail an Islamic divorce see this link

Steps to Islamic Divorce - Evaluate & Try to Reconcile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 07:24 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
At the time of the Constitution it was very much US Policy.

The Statue was commemorating it......

" Americans encouraged relatively free and open immigration during the 18th and early 19th centuries, and rarely questioned that policy until the late 1800s. After certain states passed immigration laws following the Civil War, the Supreme Court in 1875 declared regulation of immigration a federal responsibility."

So it's safe to say for the first 100 years it was policy and the entire foundation of our nation. Even after that - immigrants to this day are often the most accomplished citizens (1st or 2nd generation) we have.

Need I mention the founder of Google?
Steve Jobs (son of a Syrian immigrant)?
Andy Grove - Intel Head (Hungarian immigrant)?

A very large part of our space and atomic energy (bomb) program....immigrants!

I could go on but suffice it to say that the moonshiners in them thar hills haven't been the people moving this great nation forward.
Well, at least someone's happy about this! Congrats on the new take over, although, I don't think that "freedom" you've mentioned up there is what the new owners have in mind. I'm thinking moving forward will be traded for moving back, way back.

We are now in a WAR, is this not clear enough? It's not the time to be opening are arms, it's the time to be picking up a gun and defending our way of life, the way of life you obviously admire. The hippies are going to have to take a back seat and let us American locals take the front lines until we get rid of this threat. You obviously can't handle it. You guys usually dodge out at this time.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
We are a depressing species and an even worse nation. We learn nothing from our mistakes and are all too eager to repeat them again and again and again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-world-war-ii/

Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses... except, not them, or them, or those.

I'd rather risk allowing in a few dozen sleeper terrorist operatives if that means providing a safe haven for tens of thousands of women, children and seniors who are literally running for their lives. Because one day I'll have to answer to my grandchildren and when they ask me what I did I want them to be proud, not ashamed.
And just how we going to pay for their processing and care? Our budget is a disaster and we have been running deficits forever because no one wants to pay for anything, they just want the next handout. Our military industrial complex gets most anything they want at the expense of our road, bridges, and infrastructure. Our poor can die due to lack of health even though we spend more on it than any place else in the world with some of the worse results thanks to the health care lobbyist and Big Pharma. We continue to borrow more money just to keep our nose above water..............
Who is going the step up and volunteer to finance these additional folks? Where are the jobs for them going to come from when we don't have enough for our citizens now?

Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
About 2 percent of Syrian refugees to the US are Christians.

In real numbers, 53 of the thousands of Syrian refugees to the US have claimed to be Christians.

So Far: Syrian Refugees in U.S. Include 2,098 Muslims, 53 Christians
Although the plans are to increase the Quota of Syrian refugees in the number so far admitted in is very low. At the time the 53 was found there were only 1,500 Syrian Refugees in the US.

The Refugee camps seem to have very high concentrations of Christians waiting relocation

Yes only 10-12 % of all Syrians are Christian, but they should become a a large percentage of the Syrians seeking refuge.

The Syrians in the Greatest danger of ISIS are the Christian Syrians and the Shi'ite.Syrians. While all non-Alawaite (non-Wahhabi) Muslims are in danger The Christian Syrians probably have the greatest reason to leave.

I suspect that once the quotas are increased in the US the majority of Syrians seeking reguge in the US will be Christian. One incentive is because most Syrians currently living in the US are Christians. another incentive is the danger ISIS poses to them. While ISIS is a danger to everyone, the Christians face the most immediate persecution.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
While ISIS is a danger to everyone, the Christians face the most immediate persecution.
Why?

Old 11-18-2015, 07:48 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Although the plans are to increase the Quota of Syrian refugees in the number so far admitted in is very low. At the time the 53 was found there were only 1,500 Syrian Refugees in the US.

The Refugee camps seem to have very high concentrations of Christians waiting relocation

Yes only 10-12 % of all Syrians are Christian, but they should become a a large percentage of the Syrians seeking refuge.

The Syrians in the Greatest danger of ISIS are the Christian Syrians and the Shi'ite.Syrians. While all non-Alawaite (non-Wahhabi) Muslims are in danger The Christian Syrians probably have the greatest reason to leave.

I suspect that once the quotas are increased in the US the majority of Syrians seeking reguge in the US will be Christian. One incentive is because most Syrians currently living in the US are Christians. another incentive is the danger ISIS poses to them. While ISIS is a danger to everyone, the Christians face the most immediate persecution.
Anyone can SAY they're Christian. Anyone can SAY they're not a terrorist. They can say whatever they want, we have no idea. I don't think many real people care what religion they claim to be at this point.

The facts are that when polled the majority of Americans say no, we can't afford more people without jobs. Just look what all the candidates say in debates. Everyone already knows we can't afford this.

It's pretty clear that threats from abroad and our lack of funds, jobs and housing are why we don't want to do this. It won't be the first time our president has ignored the majority though.

As you know religion plays no part for me, aside from the fact that fundi Muslims feel the need to clean our house but I don't lump them all in. I'm pretty sure the majority of illegals here from Mexico are Christian but we still can't afford them, regardless of which religion they are. Plenty of Christians don't want illegals roaming around living life on a free ticket here either.

We are just broke, jobless, and paid peanuts. Our house isn't fit for visitors right now.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am not sure what it takes to wake up the Obama administration. They are hell bent on bringing in 65,000 “refugees”, 10,000 of which are already in New Orleans. This is how insane the law is right now. Someone can show up at the Southern border and show a Syrian passport and claim refugee status. Border patrol is obliged to let him and in and start processing him. Isn’t there anybody in Congress, any governor, state legislature or anybody who can suspend this process until we can figure out what is going on?

It is interesting that the same people who claim we don’t have money to deport people on buses, manage to fly in 65,000 people practically overnight. 65,000 airline tickets? Who bought them? Who paid for them? How come nobody saw them at the airport?
Obama has claimed he was a christian, so he would have to take them in. If Obama was an atheist, he could refuse them. If you want what you are proclaiming, you need to vote in an atheist. A christian would be a hypocrite if they said no. Really simple.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Obama has claimed he was a christian, so he would have to take them in. If Obama was an atheist, he could refuse them. If you want what you are proclaiming, you need to vote in an atheist. A christian would be a hypocrite if they said no. Really simple.
This is not true at all. This makes no sense. A Christian could deny it as part of his office. He could send charity and aid from his personal reserves.

I find it hilarious that after 30+ years of increasingly demeaning and belittling Christians that people are trying to play to their compassion.

Guess what? A lot of us are not Christian now. We do not hold those Christian beliefs or morals. There is no logical reason to take these people in and pay for them.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:56 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,804 times
Yes let's accept these Muslims so they can try to infiltrate our communities with their wack job religion. I wonder when the suicide bombings will start in America. If anything we should only allow the children to come through our borders. At least there's a less likely chance they have been brainwashed by the crazy islamists.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:05 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Except we have moved on from that mindset. In some Muslim countries it is illegal for women to drive. They have not moved on, for centuries. They have not caught up.
And in some Muslim countries they have been presidents or prime ministers of those countries. Which Muslim countries other than Saudi Arabia are they not allowed to drive? In Iraq prior to the invasion of Kuwait females were given opportuinies at higher education, I mean masters and PhD degrees in western universities. I knew a young adult from UAE that both of his parents were medical doctors.

The more you hear and read about the entire Islamic world the more you realize that what we know is only a characture of what that world is about. In the 1930s the US and Canada refused Jewish refugees from central Europe as they were not us and right after the Second World War Polish refugees had difficulties to enter North Ameica due to the fear that they were communists.

What is your solution to the refugee crisis. Poor countries like Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey have all taken in more than one million each. Europe has too many as well to handle at once compared to 65000. Do you what to do what was done to the Jewish refugees in 1939, sent back to Germany? You could round up all the refugees in Europe and the Middle East and send them back to Syria and Iraq and let ISIS take care of them.

The Arab Leaque told President Bush prior to his invasion of Iraq that his doing so would destabilize the entire region. The USA ignored that warning and now many of you just want to wash your hands of the situation and tell them now its their fault that the area is destabilized and that you want to do nothing about it. I remember watching the warning and thinking at that time why does the US not take some heed in this warning from the nations that would be affected.

Also the refugees that would come are already in refugee camps and would be vetted and selected over there not at a US airport. Canada has pledged to take in 25000 and per capita that would be like the US taking in 250000 to 300000. And yes there are a lot of Canadians that are against the offering of refugee status to these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events