Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 09:01 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Jesus Christ! I've eaten food out of people's hands in third world countries and never gotten sick. Wtf is wrong with your guts?
We Americans have sanitized our culture to the point where our bodies aren't as robust at fighting such infections. I've gotten cases of food poisoning while traveling in Southeast Asia. I have Thai friends who live here in the U.S., who get sick when they go back to Thailand.

I've also had Japanese friends who feel out food is "dirty" and get sick here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 09:05 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We Americans have sanitized our culture to the point where our bodies aren't as robust at fighting such infections. I've gotten cases of food poisoning while traveling in Southeast Asia. I have Thai friends who live here in the U.S., who get sick when they go back to Thailand.

I wonder what percentage of this is mental?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Does Chipotle serve it's food on a hot, very hot plate?

I just did my western state tour, and had US style "Mexican" food several times. All places, whether hotel or corner hole inthewall served on plates so hot you can't touch them. Decades ago we went to a higher end place in La Puente and they served on cold plates. Dad noticed immediately and we paid the price for two days. Never again.

And wash you hands AND those cell phones you're always playing with.
The temperature of the plate has absolutely no bearing on food borne illnesses.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
You're right. We should all stand guard and sing in unison "We're Not Going To Take This Anymore" and march towards Ireland.
I could give an "F" about Ireland. I do not go to their country because it is better and then insult them. Never really think about the Irish as the most noteworthy things they have ever done are the Potato Famine and their relationship with the Nazi's.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The temperature of the plate has absolutely no bearing on food borne illnesses.
If a plate was 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit it would.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:21 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,730,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I could give an "F" about Ireland. I do not go to their country because it is better and then insult them. Never really think about the Irish as the most noteworthy things they have ever done are the Potato Famine and their relationship with the Nazi's.
Oops, too late

Old 12-14-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I agree. I've eaten at hawker stalls in Malaysia & believe me, those people aren't using gloves when handling the food. Flies buzzing but the food has a high turnover rate so it's not like it's sitting out rotting in the hot sun. People are too obsessed with germs in my opinion. I never use sanitizer, ever. It's totally ineffective anyway. I pretty much have a stomach of steel.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:23 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I agree. I've eaten at hawker stalls in Malaysia & believe me, those people aren't using gloves when handling the food. Flies buzzing but the food has a high turnover rate so it's not like it's sitting out rotting in the hot sun. People are too obsessed with germs in my opinion. I never use sanitizer, ever. It's totally ineffective anyway. I pretty much have a stomach of steel.
Yep, and I don't wash my hands (or wipe my ass) when taking a ****, and I only bathe in community bathhouses once a month...

Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yep, and I don't wash my hands (or wipe my ass) when taking a ****, and I only bathe in community bathhouses once a month...
Are we playing Germany or Florida? I pick Florida.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Good for you. Are you a food handler? No? Then do what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events