Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 09:16 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times

Advertisements

Chipotle is more dangerous than Trump, Chipotle has to go. I am calling for a ban on Chipotle. Sensitive stomach lives matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 09:17 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
It's probably a physically sick food handler where the meals are processed...or it's a mentally sick food handler who's purposely poisoning the food under Allah's instructions. Let's not pretend they aren't out there in every walk of life.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you know, I've been wondering what really is the difference b/t Chipolte and Qdoba? their menus, all the offerings are almost exactly the same, right down to choice of

pinto or black beans
rice
fajita toppings
salsas: verde, roja, pico de gallo etc.

the only thing I can think of is Chipolte has Sofritos which is tofu marinated in a sauce

the restaurants look the same on the inside, you order the same way as well

chipotle seems to have a better rep based on 'fresh, wholesome,' but I think it's just marketing.

I've eaten at both and to me they are nearly identical in look and taste.
I've had both also, from my Qdoba experiences I got way more rice that other stuff. At Chipotle I had a better balance of rice to other stuff. That was the main difference to me. I haven't had Qdoba in years though. Moe's is a third option, my wife likes them best for some reason, but they are harder to find.

It's just like Burger King and McDonalds. Same general food, slight differences.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,588 times
Can I please get some guacamole on top of my e. coli.? All kidding aside, I have only been to Chipotle three times. I didn't get sick, but I thought the food was mediocre and I was excessively thirsty after eating there. I wasn't planning on returning ever again and this e. coli outbreak just cemented that fact. To be fair, most restaurants have had issues with e. coli. You can google almost any fast food restaurant and there will be a bunch of e.coli. incidents.

Yes, all outbreaks make the news, but it seems like the media has an ax to grind with Chipotle because they are so popular and they want to bring them down a peg. This is supposed to happen places like McDonalds and Burger King, but Chipotle is supposed to be a step above. The company has always touted itself as a better alternative to fast food. I haven't seen such negative publicity regarding an e. coli. outbreak since Jack in the Box in the 90s.

I got food poisoning at Taco John's once after eating some bad potato oles, and I'm sure most have had at least 1 incident of food poisoning before. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often to tell you the truth. It really doesn't seem to take much to get a foodborne illness and those responsible for handling your food don't have much incentive to do so safely. As terrible as it is for the folks involved, only a small percentage of Chipotle locations were effected by this contamination. Of course when over 100 Boston College students fell ill after eating at that 1 location, national news is going to have a field day with the story. I've heard that Chipotle might have to raise prices too. The future certainly doesn't look good for them.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-10-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 12-10-2015, 09:21 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Can I please get some guacamole on top of my e. coli.? All kidding aside, I have only been to Chipotle three times. I didn't get sick, but I thought the food was mediocre and I was excessively thirsty after eating there. I wasn't planning on returning ever again and this e. coli outbreak just cemented that fact. To be fair, most restaurants have had issues with e. coli. You can google almost any fast food restaurant and there will be a bunch of e.coli. incidents.

Yes, all outbreaks make the news, but it seems like the media has an ax to grind with Chipotle because they are so popular and they want to bring them down a peg. This is supposed to happen at McDonalds, but Chipotle is supposed to be a step above. I haven't seen such negative publicity since Jack in the Box in the 90s.

I got food poisoning at Taco John's once after eating some bad potato oles, and I'm sure most have had at least 1 incident of food poisoning before. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often to tell you the truth. It really doesn't seem to take much to get a foodborne illness and those responsible for handling your food don't have much incentive to do so safely. As terrible as it is for the folks involved, only a small percentage of Chipotle locations were effected by this contamination. Of course when over 100 Boston College students fell ill after eating at that 1 location, national news is going to have a field day with the story. I've heard that Chipotle might have to raise prices too. The future certainly doesn't look good for them.
Why did you eat at Chipotle, Chipotle is an insult to Mexicans and good Mexican food.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:26 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
They have a few healthier things on their menu but I think the idea behind their business is not necessarily healthy food, it's simple food. They stay away from additives, antibiotics, and preservatives. This is one of the reasons I like them so much and probably why they taste so good. It's sort of the anti-fast food, if you will.
Yes, and they never miss a chance to beat you over the head with this. I've eaten at my local Chipotle a few times, and as I stood in the interminable line, I gazed upon the several self-righteous, sanctimonious signs telling us that they use only locally grown, sustainable, fair trade, organic, fresh ingredients, unlike the other guys who gleefully pour gallon-jug-sized chemicals into their ingredients just because they can. OK, I exaggerate, but that's what it seemed like to me. Not that I wish ill on any of the unfortunate customers, but I'm actually feeling like karma has been getting Chipotle back for their holier-than-thou attitude.

I switched to Qdoba a few years ago and I've been perfectly satisfied ever since. And the line moves faster too.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:27 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Why did you eat at Chipotle, Chipotle is an insult to Mexicans and good Mexican food.
I know lots of Mexicans who eat at Chipotle and while not all Mexicans like it, I can say none of them are insulted by it.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:

Yes, all outbreaks make the news, but it seems like the media has an ax to grind with Chipotle because they are so popular and they want to bring them down a peg. This is supposed to happen places like McDonalds and Burger King, but Chipotle is supposed to be a step above. I haven't seen such negative publicity regarding an e. coli. outbreak since Jack in the Box in the 90s.

The strain of e. coli found at Chipotle is quite potent.

52 people sickened with e. Coli and 43 restaurants closed from California all the way across to Pennsylvania.

Yes it was pretty major news. Wouldn't you want to know about it if you eat there ?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:32 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I tried Chipotle for the first time because it was new to my area and my relatives raved about how good it was when they had it in other cities. I thought it was mediocre and super salty. I was excessively thirsty the rest of the day. I went back again thinking that I just ordered the wrong thing the first time. So I got something different and left feeling the exact same. My dad suggested that I try a bowl instead of a burrito. So I went back, tried the bowl and thought that was okay too. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't yummy either. There are too many good restaurants where I live to waste money on Chipotle.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:34 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,733,097 times
Quote:
I tried Chipotle for the first time because it was new to my area and my relatives raved about how good it was when they had it in other cities. I thought it was mediocre and super salty. I was excessively thirsty the rest of the day. I went back again thinking that I just ordered the wrong thing the first time. So I got something different and left feeling the exact same. My dad suggested that I try a bowl instead of a burrito. So I went back, tried the bowl and thought that was okay too. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't yummy either. There are too many good restaurants where I live to waste money on Chipotle.
Because it's better than Taco Bell or McDonalds. Chiplotle is NOT a restaurant and doesn't compete with them. It competes with standard fast food restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events