Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:44 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Well it took a while but finally somebody threw out the race card. SMH. If what you say is true wouldn't those so-called people want German shepherds, Dobermans, and rotties banned as well?
Shake your head, hop, skip, dance, do whatever...

These same people did want those breeds banned when they were in the limelight for the same thing.

Keep living in denial.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Shake your head, hop, skip, dance, do whatever...

These same people did want those breeds banned when they were in the limelight for the same thing.

Keep living in denial.
Keep with the victim mentality. This thread was about a Pit Bull attack. If you want everything to be about race you will be labeled accordingly.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:53 AM

3 posts, read 1,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I am seeing this now in my area with the Mallinois. Just the other day an ad wanting to rehome a Malinois/GSD mix, too much energy. Dont people research a breeds traits and requirements before making such a commitment? I have owned a few Rotts and Pits over my years and I looked at the Malinois and knew immediately, nope, I dont have it in me anymore. I did get a GSD and she is all I can handle now with my aging pit and little freak show. I also realized I would no longer be a good owner for another Pit because Im getting older and dont have the energy or time to devote. By the time my GSD has passed I will probably be down to a small, lazy mixed breed.
I have a Dutch Shepherd, and they are the same as the Malimois. She is ****zhund trained and has been everywhere with me, fireworks, crowds, stores etc. you name it. But I hope they dont become popular. That would be a disaster. Not only are they too smart for their own good, they have energy to go for days. I would not recomend them as a pet.

Im not a pitt person, but im not against them. I just have other breeds I prefer more, none that I would ever leave unattended with a child or anyone, except myself and my significant other, for that matter.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:55 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Keep with the victim mentality. This thread was about a Pit Bull attack. If you want everything to be about race you will be labeled accordingly.
I'll keep it it mind. Keep living in denial.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:56 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please use google - it is your friend but will also save you from losing face!

Chow mauls Fort Lupton boy, 7 - The Denver Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOn9z64on9E - not pretty to look at - but it's not a pit bull!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1065711 - here's why I didn't even trust my goldens

I could go on and on - every dog can and will maul a person - some attacks will be worse than others - bit do not think that it is limited to just pitbulls
Did you look at the video you posted? It's a GSD puppy playing with a child. Everyone is laughing.

The chow bit the child but did not maul him to death.

No one saw what happened with the Golden and police were still investigating.

The reality is that pitbulls and pb mixes have a very high prey instinct and once it's triggered, it's hard to get them to stop.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:59 AM

11,111 posts, read 9,753,246 times
Quote:
Did you read your previous post about the place being splattered with blood? 15 minutes of fighting and dogs and people hurt? Your brother is a pit bull nut. Hopefully the next fight will be limited to the inside of his house and not on some neighbor or child who isn't a pit bull nut.
No, I didn't READ the previous post, I WROTE the previous post. And if YOU read it, you would understand that I was not defending the breed. I wrote that they are easily set off and dangerously powerful. That was the point of the post. My brother is not a pit bull nut. He never owned one before these two and didn't seek out this breed in particular. He only took on the second dog because it had nowhere else to go, and was a quiet dog that got along well with his dog. They are well-trained house dogs, but that doesn't matter when they are instinctively doing what many generations of breeding for violence tells them to do. There will never be another fight because, as I stated in the post, they are never in the same space unleashed. If YOU read my previous post you would know that. He is a responsible pet owner who had 2 calm, well-behaved dogs for years before and after the fight.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:10 AM

1,179 posts, read 8,710,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, many high energy, high work drive dogs will destroy your home and make your life hell if you aren't on top of them with training, exercise, etc.
They won't maul you to death, though.
Neither do Pit Bulls though, so what is the point. Mine was simply people getting dogs that they don't manage or train. If you don't exercise or train a Pit that won't cause them to maul you. They will chew stuff up out of boredom, jump on people out of excitement, scratch people, ect.
If a Pit Bull has a temperament problem got can't exercise it out of them, while training is a plus you can't change a dog's core temperament. So even with training and exercise that Pit might maul you.

Quote:
Did you read your previous post about the place being splattered with blood? 15 minutes of fighting and dogs and people hurt? Your brother is a pit bull nut. Hopefully the next fight will be limited to the inside of his house and not on some neighbor or child who isn't a pit bull nut.
Dog aggression and human aggression are not on the same level
Far reach of "next time" being a "neighbor or child"
I'm seeing that ignorance of dogs might be part of the fear.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:14 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Did you look at the video you posted? It's a GSD puppy playing with a child. Everyone is laughing.

The reality is that pitbulls and pb mixes have a very high prey instinct and once it's triggered, it's hard to get them to stop.
I had a German Shepherd mix and another Chinese breed.
The German mix one was very dangerous.
It bit quite a few friends but one bite and that's it.
It never continued to attack after it bit once.
I guess it only wanted show who's the boss.

The Chinese one was really good but we were kids and we made it mad by teasing, pulling it's tail, ears etc... and it got mad and launched at us many times.
But, the big BUT is as soon as it got hold of our hand or leg in its mouth, it stopped, didn't bite in.
We had few scratches and teeth marks but no bite except when it got hold of lip.
Try that with a pit bull and see what happens.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Well it took a while but finally somebody threw out the race card. SMH. If what you say is true wouldn't those so-called people want German shepherds, Dobermans, and rotties banned as well?
There are still people who would like to ban these dogs, instead they are now expensive to purchase. Matter of fact these breeds are not near a popular as they once were, due to fear instilled by the media. Rotts, what they hell happen to those dogs, they are now huge teddy bears. Nothing like those in the 70's....check this out and look at the last picture of the Mastiff and how it has changed.
6 Dog Breeds That Have Changed Significantly Over Time

Comparing the Looks of Dog Breeds in 1915 and 2015

Old 01-06-2016, 10:30 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

Sorry we can't joke on this forum! The fact is that pit bulls are not the only ones who will maul a person - every dog or animal for that fact - has that capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events