Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 07:54 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,341,296 times

Advertisements

Apparently the Pacific Patriot Network showed up armed to the teeth to resolve the conflict between the Militia that's taken over the Malheur national wildlife refuge and the Gov. This came as a surprise to the Bundy led militia (the "government" wasn't around). If this seems to be confusing, it appears to be confusing to the Bundy milita as well,
A large group of heavily armed men showed up to the wildlife refuge occupation in eastern Oregon on Saturday, further escalating tensions and causing internal conflicts at the protests.

Just as a number of the regular occupiers at the Malheur national wildlife refuge were finishing up a morning press conference, a fleet of more than a dozen vehicles drove up to the site. Men armed with rifles got out of their trucks and began stationing themselves along a road.

The men said they were with a group called the Pacific Patriot Network and were a “neutral party”, there to provide security and protection for everyone at the refuge.
Heavily armed men offer 'security' for Oregon militia at wildlife refuge | US news | The Guardian

Old 01-10-2016, 03:52 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,054,610 times
So a bunch of guys showed up with guns and weren't welcome?

Oh the irony.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Apparently the Pacific Patriot Network showed up armed to the teeth to resolve the conflict between the Militia that's taken over the Malheur national wildlife refuge and the Gov. This came as a surprise to the Bundy led militia (the "government" wasn't around). If this seems to be confusing, it appears to be confusing to the Bundy milita as well,
A large group of heavily armed men showed up to the wildlife refuge occupation in eastern Oregon on Saturday, further escalating tensions and causing internal conflicts at the protests.

Just as a number of the regular occupiers at the Malheur national wildlife refuge were finishing up a morning press conference, a fleet of more than a dozen vehicles drove up to the site. Men armed with rifles got out of their trucks and began stationing themselves along a road.

The men said they were with a group called the Pacific Patriot Network and were a “neutral party”, there to provide security and protection for everyone at the refuge.
Heavily armed men offer 'security' for Oregon militia at wildlife refuge | US news | The Guardian

These sovereign citizen crackpots are a real hoot.

"Laws apply to everyone but me. I'm my own thing and I don't recognize any governments."

My brother is a deputy sheriff in AR and they have a nest of these fools in his county.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:21 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,915,742 times
Although I am not armed, and have no intention on intervening in the current playground posturing that the pacific northwest weekend warriors are engaged in. . . . .

I would just like to suggest and/or make a recommendation that any of the 'militia' members involved that do not like the US government turn in their EBT cards when they arrive at the scene of the stand off.

I lived in Washington for awhile when I was younger and there are a lot of militia-libertarian-'sovereign' citizen nut jobs in northern Washington, but despite their hatred of the state and federal government, there is a large population of them living below the poverty level (after all of the usual expenses involved with securing large amounts of firearms, ammunition and survival gear) in mobile homes and trailers.

And it is strange. Despite the fact that they do not like the government, the social services offices and programs in those areas are geared towards helping families that are living in poor conditions (because daddy is so busy planning his overthrow of the government that he cannot maintain a normal job) and the state gives them EBT cards, medical care through Medicaid and the children are all in public schools paid for with tax dollars.

But they are always complaining about the government and blaming their own pathetic conditions on their belief that the Bilderburg Group and the Illuminati amidst what I am sure are really busy schedules for both organizations, have time to impact and affect the lives of individuals living in single wide mobile homes below the poverty level.

Now, I just decided to bring this up because despite the time I spent in Washington, I actually grew up in New York City and there was always a very ignorant and misguided tendency to claim that only 'minorities' and black people received help from the state and government and that welfare was a realm exclusive to those people. There are about just as many people that are white on some form of statist and/or federal government program.

There are even 'ranchers' in states like Montana, Wyoming, etc that receive more welfare than the average poor person in an inner city. The Federal Farm and Homestead Act, although far too complicate for me to list the details of here, allows families on farms that owe the federal government considerable amounts of money, to not ever pay it back as long as the land is still owned by the family and subsidies for ranchers and farmers is a significant part of the redistribution of taxes in the US every year.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:03 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,616,728 times
There are plenty of nut bags out there who would like nothing more than complete anarchy

Old 01-10-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
There are plenty of nut bags out there who would like nothing more than complete anarchy
Correct.

And it is because they are seriously, total losers in life and their warped thinking has them convinced that amidst anarchy, they can fight amongst the Armageddon wasteland and somehow become successful with superior firearms and the ability to find canned food.

I call it . . . . .

'MMIMI' - Mad Max Inspired Mental Illness

Old 01-10-2016, 04:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,053,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
On all sides of the spectrum. At BLM protests, at any cop shooting or suspect death, now in the forest and ranches as well it seems.
Looks like the natives are getting restless...

Old 01-10-2016, 05:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,520,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
On all sides of the spectrum. At BLM protests, at any cop shooting or suspect death, now in the forest and ranches as well it seems.
Looks like the natives are getting restless...
Yeppers; that's putting it concisely.

What is it that has resulted in so many people feeling disconnected or dis-enfranchised to the extent they desire affiliation with lower life forms in total repudiation of the normal American values of respect and a federated democracy.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:09 PM

10,783 posts, read 5,715,852 times

Old 01-10-2016, 10:03 PM

Wolverines !!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events