Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:50 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,406,733 times

Advertisements

and this is so common with policemen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 08:52 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,259,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
It's interesting how many of these incidents happen in CA and in the South. Now South I can understand, but you would think that the "progressive ", controlling nanny state of CA would be capable of reigning in it's employees ?
I disagree that a disproportionate number happen in California and the South. Baltimore is not in the South. New York is not in the South. Cops abuse their power everywhere. It's part of the nature of fascism. If we want to live in a fascist country, we have to expect that kind of abuse. This particular incident seems minor, but is actually a clue that major things are going wrong. That it's even possible for a police department to hire someone like that indicates that it's the tip of the iceberg, and people who live in that area are in constant danger of violent fascism because of their hiring practices.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:41 AM

25,609 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I feel like one minimal requirement to be a police officer should be to have a cool head. Even when you are hungry.

Hangry Cop Allegedly Pulls Gun on Slow Fast Food Employees - Eater SF
I love guns. I keep one in the house. I'm a good shot, too. There are people who are better, but if they are they are pretty good.

But just leave the dang thing at home when you're drinking!

Old 01-23-2016, 10:14 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,259,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I love guns. I keep one in the house. I'm a good shot, too. There are people who are better, but if they are they are pretty good.

That would be un-American.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:12 AM

17,614 posts, read 13,406,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
2 am...

Jack in the Box...

Drunk...

A volatile blend!
Could have been Waffle House

Like posted elsewhere, there are some bad cops out there. Very tiny % but still there.

We need more stories like the one about the cop that joined the pick-up game! Or the cops who took food to the disabled old man whose mone was stolen by his care giver

Old 01-23-2016, 12:29 PM

15,542 posts, read 10,528,971 times
It's inexcusable having to wait 15 minutes in a Jack in the Box drive through lane at 2am.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:51 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,800,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Placed on administrative leave. So basically this moron has been given a paid vacation for acting like the idiotic power drunk nonentity he is. Watch the "investigation" take longer than it would have for a civilian, and there be no punishment for his behavior. Pathetic!!!!

I can assure you, that he'll be fired. Your raging paranoia is noted....

Old 01-23-2016, 01:22 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,666,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
It's interesting how many of these incidents happen in CA and in the South. Now South I can understand, but you would think that the "progressive ", controlling nanny state of CA would be capable of reigning in it's employees ?

You live in Michigan, so your knowledge of CA is very limited. It is very obvious base on your comments.

I live in CA. There are small towns and communities throughout the state, you get a couple hours outside of LA and you will see people and places you would think belong in Oklahoma (just with nicer scenery).

There is more to CA than San Francisco and Los Angeles.

To use your line of thinking I should base all my thoughts on Michigan on what I see about Detroit on the news. I'm smart enough to know that Detroit doesn't represent all of Michigan.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,095,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to admit, there have been times at our local McDonalds (which is slooooooow as molasses , especially at night, ) when this cops actions might have been understandable ! Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to get a simple order.

Don
I almost never go to fast food that late at night because it's usually a skeleton crew with little to no inventory prepared. I don't know if they have these in your neck of the woods, but if you ever have late night munchies (and want to shorten your lifespan by a few days), check out the mexican taquerias. Much better food anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

If he left his gun at home when he's drinking then he reduces the likelihood of being a hero in the event a bad guy with a gun shows up.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:49 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,307,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You live in Michigan, so your knowledge of CA is very limited. It is very obvious base on your comments.

I live in CA. There are small towns and communities throughout the state, you get a couple hours outside of LA and you will see people and places you would think belong in Oklahoma (just with nicer scenery).

There is more to CA than San Francisco and Los Angeles.

To use your line of thinking I should base all my thoughts on Michigan on what I see about Detroit on the news. I'm smart enough to know that Detroit doesn't represent all of Michigan.
This is true, I am familiar with SF and Napa valley but haven't been to the rural CA.

However I thought (mistakenly ?) that this happened in SF ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events