Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:24 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times

Advertisements

It could be similar to the situation here in Katy, Texas. The local team is stacked because people often move to the district for football and it could even get as outrageous as someone zoned to another school going to Katy for personal reasons. Katy ends up being the best team in the 7 high schools, Katy ISD every year and even being the best team in the entire Houston Area of 200+ maybe even 300+ Houston Metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 10:26 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
In highschool we had to play one of the local schools that had a total enrollment of 17 in grade 8. So they fielded a team of 6 boys. (all but 1 of the boys in the grade played)

They agreed to play us since we didn't have very many opponents in the area but they said we could only play our worst 6 people. My team still won like 75-5.

Who would want to be in that starting lineup. You, you, you, you, and you all suck so you get to start today. I would quit right there or make it a one man show just out of spite.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:29 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I have to believe there is more to the story.
Obviously. Likely they recruited girls from other areas to make a dominant team. I wonder how they fared last year or is this their first year in this particular league...

Still, they should allow them to play out the year, assuming they allowed them into the league and reassess at the end of the season whether or not they will allow them next season.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:03 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,663,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
In highschool we had to play one of the local schools that had a total enrollment of 17 in grade 8. So they fielded a team of 6 boys. (all but 1 of the boys in the grade played)

They agreed to play us since we didn't have very many opponents in the area but they said we could only play our worst 6 people. My team still won like 75-5.
We had a very small school with just a few boys in the class. I was told that I needed to play basketball with the first game in a week. I never played basketball, never liked basketball and didn’t know anything about basketball. The only reason was that I could walk and chew gum at the same time. So they gave me a uniform that was made for someone twice my size and I needed a belt to hold up my pants. Come game day, the other team was made up of giants that looked like they play professionally. I got the ball, started dribbling down the court and my pants fell down to my ankles. I fell down, that night I turned in my uniform and I still hate basketball.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:06 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Girls basketball team gets booted from league for being too good | Fox News

What kind of bullcrap excuse is that?

I don't care if your team is "too good". You don't deserve to get booted from the league for that.

This makes about as much sense as kicking North Dakota State out of the FCS for being "too good".

Idiots! Says Mike while scratching his bald head

Old 01-25-2016, 11:09 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
We had a very small school with just a few boys in the class. I was told that I needed to play basketball with the first game in a week. I never played basketball, never liked basketball and didn’t know anything about basketball. The only reason was that I could walk and chew gum at the same time. So they gave me a uniform that was made for someone twice my size and I needed a belt to hold up my pants. Come game day, the other team was made up of giants that looked like they play professionally. I got the ball, started dribbling down the court and my pants fell down to my ankles. I fell down, that night I turned in my uniform and I still hate basketball.
Funny as hell...

Old 01-25-2016, 11:34 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
If this story is true, somebody tell Geno Auriemma, coach of UConn women's Huskies! They've won the Championship for the last 3 years, and it looks pretty good for this year, too! Geno may find somebody to recruit for the team next year (can you tell I'm a Huskies fan?).

Old 01-25-2016, 11:40 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
as long as they weren't recruited from outside their school zone, I don't see a problem with letting them play in the league. Let the other teams forfeit against them, there's not much that can be done. Alternatively, you could give them a handicap just to make it interesting.

Seriously, if you've ever participated in a blowout, you don't even play hard anymore, so there isn't any point from your perspective anyway.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:21 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
That literally made me LOL!!!

Old 01-25-2016, 03:02 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Guess while we're at it we should get rid of women's college basketball since Uconn wins too much.

This is just another example of Special Snowflake Syndrome. My kid can play sports but can't handle losing so let's just make it easier. Great lesson.

The best athletes out there are the ones who lose but learn from it. Everyone loses at times, not everyone capitalizes on it and learns from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events