Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:20 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I remember going to a "work shop" on spotting predators...and the expert said something that stuck with me all these years later ...allowing your child unsupervised access on the internet was equal (safety wise) to dropping them off in the middle of Times Square...
Dropping your kid off in Times Square would be pretty safe these days. I guess this workshop would have been a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Girl bragged about college "boyfriend" before she died

Nicole Lovell told playmates of her college 'boyfriend' before her murder - San Jose Mercury News

Some sites are indicating she may have had a presence on as many as 50 social media sites for dating and teens. Many of the accounts have been shut down.
I thought it was odd that she was on all of these sites because her parents said that she was often bullied, even online. I'm just surprised they weren't really monitoring her internet usage in that case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 10:25 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes probably sickening desires!!

I hope they get the help they both need!!
I really don't think they deserve any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Guys, he's innocent until proven guilty. If you were arrested, you'd want to have the same assumption on yourself as well.

Right now, they haven't released a possible motive. Just wait and see before you get too outraged.
I am open mouthed in astonishment at this post. What earthly reason would a motive provide for mitigating our outrage over this crime ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If in fact these students are proven to be guilty this is eerily reminiscent of a similar case back in the 1920's.

Leopold and Loeb - "The Trial of the Century"
Good catch on the Leopold and Loeb case. I question the use of the word If based upon what they, the killers, have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrltenSpke11 View Post
This is unbelievable. The guy being a runner for his high school and then college, and be able to solve differential equations in math would do something dumb like communicate with a girl much younger than him by social media, if that what he did,...before murdering her, well he just ruined his life.
Another, "I can't believe this was posted" post.
Bolding mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What odd comments. He and this woman Natalie Keeper are sociopaths at the very least. Ever hear about the guy who was heir to the Max Factor cosmetics fortune? Good looking and uber rich, yet he date raped many women by drugging them and filming them. To look at him you would think "why on earth is a guy who is model good looking and from an extremely wealthy family doing this?"...because he is a sick monster.

You seem to think being an athlete and being book smart makes it impossible to be a sick monster. It's not always the fat nerdy looking guy who is drooling at the mouth.

Know who Ted Bundy was? Good looking and charming to a certain point.

And you speaking of ruined lives, how about the 13 year old girl?
This says it better than I can.

Quote:
What's wrong with waiting for all the facts are in before calling them monsters?
What other facts would you like made known.......? She is dead. They killed her according to their confession. They brutally murdered her. Fact.

I can be a bleeding heart liberal in some of these cases but not this one. In fact, in most any case that involves a child taken advantage of in order to commit a heinous crime.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
[quote=city living;42888401]Dropping your kid off in Times Square would be pretty safe these days. I guess this workshop would have been a long time ago. Well unfortunately since DeBlasio took over it is getting a lot seedier...I was there last summer and was pretty shocked at the decline...however there is a strong police presence there...but even at it's peak of safety I wouldn't have dropped my 13yr.old child there...But in the defense of the victim's mother there is not much you can do to stop a determined teenager from sneaking out at night...until you catch them the first time...but her internet use should have been more closely monitored...I think this little girl had big problems that made her ripe for the taking...just the perfect storm to put her in the path of evil...

Old 02-04-2016, 11:26 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Its all right here- they were both in it from the start, and it was completely premeditated:

Allegations of plot to kill Nicole Lovell detailed; Keepers testifies about mental health issues - Blacksburg - Mobile

CHRISTIANSBURG – Natalie Marie Keepers was denied bond on Thursday after a prosecutor presented evidence that she plotted to kill and hide the body of Nicole Lovell, a 13-year-old girl whom Keepers had never met or spoken to.
Virginia Tech students Keepers, 19, and David Eisenhauer, 18, worked together to draw up a multi-step plan to kill Lovell, prosecutors said.

They bought a shovel together, picked out a secluded location on Craig Creek Road and drove post Lovell's Blacksburg apartment in a calculated move, Montgomery County Commonwealth's Attorney Mary Pettitt said during the hearing.

The plan was for Eisenhauer, charged with Lovell's abduction and murder, to lure Lovell out of the home late at night on the guise of a date, Pettit said. He would take her to the site they selected together and slit her throat, she said.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:39 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Its all right here- they were both in it from the start, and it was completely premeditated:

Allegations of plot to kill Nicole Lovell detailed; Keepers testifies about mental health issues - Blacksburg - Mobile

CHRISTIANSBURG – Natalie Marie Keepers was denied bond on Thursday after a prosecutor presented evidence that she plotted to kill and hide the body of Nicole Lovell, a 13-year-old girl whom Keepers had never met or spoken to.
Virginia Tech students Keepers, 19, and David Eisenhauer, 18, worked together to draw up a multi-step plan to kill Lovell, prosecutors said.

They bought a shovel together, picked out a secluded location on Craig Creek Road and drove post Lovell's Blacksburg apartment in a calculated move, Montgomery County Commonwealth's Attorney Mary Pettitt said during the hearing.

The plan was for Eisenhauer, charged with Lovell's abduction and murder, to lure Lovell out of the home late at night on the guise of a date, Pettit said. He would take her to the site they selected together and slit her throat, she said.
If this turns out to be true then this is terrible!
I had herd from somewhere that, the 13yo victim was special needs. If this is true that makes this crime even worse.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:06 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Still missing crucial details but for both Keepers and Eisenhauer but their guilt seems beyond doubt.

How a couple of seemingly normal college freshman go from students to childkillers is a huge mystery.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:24 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
What's wrong with waiting for all the facts are in before calling them monsters?

The facts are in, Natalie Keepers said she wanted to be part of "something secret and exciting".

If she had born 50 years earlier she would have been one of Manson's girls.

They're monsters.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:33 PM

5,462 posts, read 8,180,020 times
"She also pointed out that she's allergic to gluten – a dietary restriction that's not being met in jail."

Instead of the Twinkie Defense, it will be the Gluten Defense.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
You look at their pictures(especially hers) and the eyes are dead, there is nothing
there.

It's true that eyes are the windows to the soul, there is nothing there.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:56 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You look at their pictures(especially hers) and the eyes are dead, there is nothing
there.

It's true that eyes are the windows to the soul, there is nothing there.
Thought the same thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events