Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:54 PM

932 posts, read 898,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Interesting. So then, the police should be able to shoot fleeing felony suspects and this cop should not be charged, but celebrated for shooting a fleeing suspected felon.

Video shows cop shoot unarmed man in back - CNN Video
Well I forgot to add, Armed dangerous felons that just committed a crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 06:57 PM

If I was the driver, I would take this to trial. NOT 1 jury in the world will convict him

Old 02-15-2016, 07:52 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Wrong. If the kid has graduated to sticking people up with a gun, he is already set firmly in his path and his prior experiences victimizing people have done nothing to correct his course. This is undoubtedly not his first criminal act, you don't just suddenly wake up one morning and say "Gee, I think today is a good day to get a gun and steal me some sneakers."
And I doubt he would have started shooting up a Starbucks patio. Most crime is part planning, part opportunity. Either this kid carried a gun with him all the time, or he planned it. But most people won't commit a crime when in full view of the public. That is why you meet in full view of the public. And if you are selling something and the person isn't amenable to meeting in public, you go find another buyer.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
If I was the driver, I would take this to trial. NOT 1 jury in the world will convict him

Hmmm ... a BLM and ACORN member jury might disagree with you. After all, the victim was only a child and the perp was an adult. Wait a minute, the victim was an adult and the perp was a child. Wait a minute, the victim was a child and an adult was the perp. Wait a minute ....

El Nox

Old 02-15-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Hmmm ... a BLM and ACORN member jury might disagree with you. After all, the victim was only a child and the perp was an adult. Wait a minute, the victim was an adult and the perp was a child. Wait a minute, the victim was a child and an adult was the perp. Wait a minute ....

El Nox
They wouldnt even make it to be a JURY based on their way of thinking.

This is why i said not 1 "jury"

Old 02-15-2016, 08:53 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
They wouldnt even make it to be a JURY based on their way of thinking.

This is why i said not 1 "jury"
I am sorry you didn't recognize sarcasm. I was actually agreeing with you.

El Nox

Old 02-15-2016, 10:46 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
This whole thing is unconstitutional. The thief's right to bear arms was violated. Wasn't the 2nd Amendment supposed to prevent that?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 PM

53 posts, read 33,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
Once you pull a lethal weapon on me you opened the can of whoopass and deserve what you get. Even if it takes me years to track you down and confront you at the nursing home. BANG!

Seriously, criminals need to obey the rules of crime. If they can take things to the max but want to be judged as if they were only doing what had to be done then they will never have respect for any rules.

If I was on the jury the prosecuter wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

For being from some very mellow and pacifist areas like Frisco and Honolulu, you seem to have way to much of a revenge mentality. Sure if someone abused your family or committed a horrific crime, by all means track them down and have at it.
But to think you might dedicate your life to getting revenge over some crappy sneakers, your Qi is way off.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:38 AM

93 posts, read 139,616 times
Default He will think twice next in the future.

His arm was supposedly reattached, he looked for what he got. I feel sorry for the seller for taking the law into his own hands and now is a real victim. In some countries, the seller would have been considered a hero and would not have anything to worry about; but here in America, with some of their stupid laws, greedy lawyers looking for a big payday will go after the seller, and probably will win a huge settlement. This criminal was so bold, his actions determined he had the right to do as he pleased and nothing would be done about it, got a lesson he will never forget.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:37 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
The driver is going to jail. You just can't do that; his life was not in danger when he ran the criminal over with his car.

Yep. If the guy was outside the car, with the gun still pointed at the driver, THEN this would have been self-defense. But the guy was running away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events