Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 08:45 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I have heard of stories similar to this one that happened at weddings, one of life's most joyous occasions. Even happy events can put a heavy stress on an already compromised heart and trigger an attack. Can you imagine how happy the dad was? Also, the stress of making speeches, dealing with last minute wedding details, meeting relatives that have traveled far that he hasn't seen in years and all of this combined with giving his daughter away? I remember from the news also a bride a few years ago fatally collapsing minutes after exchanging vows with her new husband. She had a heart condition, which was known, I think.
This crossed my mind...that maybe his daughter will blame herself for putting all sorts of stress on him, and causing the heart attack. I am sure it would have happened at some point. But...yeah if it were me, I would think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 09:04 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
I think it's a beautiful story...sounds like the man hung on even after he was meant to go just to make it to that dance. I am sure she knows he hung on just for her and to share that special moment with her. They all knew it was any minute for him, daughter was just praying he would make it to give her away and see her married and they got their dance, too.

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 09-07-2016, 09:08 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why? It's so sweet he got to see his daughter get married and share in this joyous occasion. Being able to see your kids get married is one of many parents' life goals and he succeeded in that.

Really? "You think parents think to themselves: Well, the kid's married! I can kick off now!" ?

A wedding is just a ceremony. A party, more or less. I want to see my daughter's family take shape. Her children (my grandchildren) be born and grow into adults. I want to see her accomplish her goals in life.

And I sure as hell know that if I were to keel over in the middle of the reception, that it would forever ruin her memory of what should be a forever-special day in her memory.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:17 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
If he was dying from cancer, and his last wish was to dance with his daughter at her wedding...that would be heart warming. This just seems so sad. I couldn't tell from the article, but 2 hours after dad and daughter dance? They would still be at the reception

Still, I hope the family can hold a joyful heart about his last hours on earth and it brings them peace.

One article I read said that he hadn't been feeling right and kind of brushed it aside. Unfortunately, that's what a lot of people do.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:52 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
Thats so horrible.My condolences to the family.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:24 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
My father had a heart attack two days after he walked my sister down the aisle back in 1984. We all believe that the stress got to him along with the 450 mg/l cholesterol level. Fortunately for us, it wasn't fatal and he is now 81 years old. 54 is too young but it outlines the importance of healthy living.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
The guy looks flushed and terrible in the picture. The stress of the "destination wedding" in Costa Rica and making all of the arrangements probably did him in. I'm sure the sub-par medical care in Costa Rica didn't help much either. I feel bad for the guy. But what's with the GoFundMe page? I doubt that Costa Rica wedding was cheap. Great people die unexpectedly every day. Where is their page?

Old 09-07-2016, 11:08 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think it's a beautiful story...sounds like the man hung on even after he was meant to go just to make it to that dance. I am sure she knows he hung on just for her and to share that special moment with her. They all knew it was any minute for him, daughter was just praying he would make it to give her away and see her married and they got their dance, too.
And now instead of remembering her wedding as the happiest day of her life, the bride will remember it as the day her dad died. I'm not seeing how that's so wonderful.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:29 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
One article I read said that he hadn't been feeling right and kind of brushed it aside. Unfortunately, that's what a lot of people do.
Yep. Lost a boss that way. Wasn't feel well was the initial small heart attacks.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:30 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Oh, my goodness -- now it's the BRIDE'S fault that her father dropped dead? Are you KIDDING me?! Unless he had some prior health issues that would have clued people in that he was not up to it, then a healthy male at age 54 should have been in no danger from heat, etc. Maybe a little uncomfortable with formal clothing, but to say that it's the bride's fault that her dad died is just CRUEL.

From now on, her wedding anniversary will be haunted by her dad's death. How very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events