Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:38 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

it's just karma for bastardizing the phone line that should have always kept the removable battery and SD card slot. If they want to have the mainstream phone have stripped down features leave that for the galaxy S class of phones. People who buy the note buy it because they want those bells and whistles.

On another note the profit margins on all these phones is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:10 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Blame gadget reviewers and people that looks upon iPhones as the benchmark.

iPhones are the worst smart phone designs, Apple went for form over function.

iPhones are slippery, easy to crack, not very ergonomical at all in the hand, and poor choice of materials.

How can a double glass front + back device be ever considered utilitarian?

Of course Samsung has to copy Apple's design philosophy and tries to go for the thinnest award and cram everything into the thickness of your pack of gum. If they don't test their design properly they may cause explosions.

Lithium batteries are basically unstable electrons packed in and one wrong pressure it will pop.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:43 AM

973 posts, read 915,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As long as you don't need to get on a plane that's great.
What about a car, bus, or train? lol

Old 10-17-2016, 10:48 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out for Samsung. I heard an interesting piece on this the other day on NPR as it pertains to South Korea. The Samsung family of companies are extremely important to their economy (make up something like a whopping 20% of their GDP) and even national identity.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:58 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Same. The Note7 is hands down the best phone I ever had, period. No wonder people are reluctant to trade it even for S7 Edge. The new iphone is at least a full generation behind the Note7 imo.

If Samsung releases a phone just like Note7, but with a removable battery, and rebrands it, it would be a godlike phone.

Right now, if you trade in your Note7 for S7 Edge, you get the price difference between phones + extra $100... most people are still not trading.
Agreed. It's a terrific phone, certainly better than either iPhone I ever owned.

I heard rumors that they're taking out the headphone jack for the S8. I don't like that. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As long as you don't need to get on a plane that's great.
Luckily I don't.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:39 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Agreed. It's a terrific phone, certainly better than either iPhone I ever owned.

I heard rumors that they're taking out the headphone jack for the S8. I don't like that. Ugh.
If they could find the courage of removing another feature without giving the buyer what they wanted it could open the door for other Android phone makers to take marketshare. Android is like the PC market, Dell & HP has been battling out for years and suddenly Lenovo showed up and took the crown away.

Lenovo now owns Motorola Mobile so they are making inroads into our phone market.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:46 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times
While it will hurt them in the short term, I doubt the hurt will be permanent. People are just obsessed with phones and certain phone lines have a cult like following.

Me, I just use the lower cost smart phones that are $150 on a pre-paid plan.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:34 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffypoopoo View Post
What about a car, bus, or train? lol
I think you're safe from the faa regulations on a bus.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:00 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,776,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm bummed. My Note 7 is a great phone and I don't really want to give it up.
I've had no trouble with the 1st note 7, no overheating and with the replacement note 7 either.

What are you gong to replace yours with?

I'm seriously considering not exchanging mine. Believe it or not my very first note is still working and my husband uses it.

Flying isn't an issue. If I did have to fly I'd just buy a used cheap phone for the trip.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
I've had no trouble with the 1st note 7, no overheating and with the replacement note 7 either.

What are you gong to replace yours with?

I'm seriously considering not exchanging mine. Believe it or not my very first note is still working and my husband uses it.

Flying isn't an issue. If I did have to fly I'd just buy a used cheap phone for the trip.

Haven't decided...probably an S7 Edge. My husband wants to wait to exchange them but he has to travel for work soon and cannot bring the Note 7 with him. So we're kind of waffling a bit right now.

We don't have any spare phones lying around so we'd have to buy a cheapie burner for him to take on his trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events