Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 10:51 PM

983 posts, read 738,030 times

Advertisements

'Barbaric act' leads to 10 year sentence for woman who played role in cutting off man's finger - News - The Herald News, Fall River, MA - Fall River, MA

Quote:
FALL RIVER - A second defendant has been sentenced to a lengthy state prison term for her role in a 2012 incident where a man had his finger cut off during a dispute over money in Fall River.

Donna Silvia, 51, will serve eight to 10 years in state prison after having been convicted last Wednesday on charges of mayhem, intimidation of a witness, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, causing substantial injury.
Wow...Sounds like a Yakuza thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 01:20 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Which finger, some deserve more time than others.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Very sad..........

Poor employee

Old 12-28-2016, 09:14 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times
I don't understand how one guy was able to wrestle this other guys hand into a position to cut off the finger. I would have fought like hell and try to bash his head in. I once worked at a place where the supervisor would yell in your face this one guy he was yelling his is face they got into a heated argument and the supervisor shoved the employee the employee one punch to the face knocked out the supervisor cold just dropped him one punch. We were in the break room we ran in there the guy was just standing over him saying he shoved him. The owner got some ice and got the supervisor up and asked if he wanted to call the police but he said he didn't because he didn't want to involve police they just went on the guy went home with a headache. I quit the place a few months later after he yelling at me over the phone because I had misplaced some keys later found.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,035 times
After the incident, prosecutors say Silvia approached the victim as he was leaving, and told him that he had to say the loss of his finger was an accident and that it did not happen at her business.
You have to read the entire article to realize how crazy these people are. I do question it though as it says the guy went into the garage and cut the man's finger off with bolt cutters. Makes no mention of restraint.
If true no doubt severe jail time is called for.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:33 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
The more I listen to and read the latest news, the more I am convinced that the world is going crazy. Maybe not zombie apocalypse crazy but close to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events