Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:42 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if this has been posted ? If so, I would appreciate a link and then this could be deleted. I tried "search" but I never have much success.

An orphan goes to church and asks someone, anyone to adopt him » Naples Daily News

‘I’ll Take Anyone’: Orphan’s Heartbreaking Plea to Church Congregation (And No One’s Taken Him up on It) | TheBlaze.com

Teen orphan's impassioned speech: 'Adopt me' | HLNtv.com

This really tore at my heart. I pray to God that someone, a good someone, will take him and give him a good home. I will keep following this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 PM

2,466 posts, read 2,766,292 times
I saw this on Facebook today. It's truly heartbreaking. So many children shuffled through the system to get "aged out" and left to fend for themselves. I truly hope this young man finds a family to call his own.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
This really tore at my heart. I pray to God that someone, a good someone, will take him and give him a good home. I will keep following this.

And you won't....because?

Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,293,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post

For the same or better reason as you?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
This is moving,and my heart goes out to him.

Not to turn this into a pity thread,but why don't Americans adopt American children,esp celebs?

Old 10-19-2013, 12:16 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,320,136 times
Apparently humankind has stepped up - copied from the Eckerd House "Thank you so much for your interest in helping Davion. His courage and faith have inspired the world. We are so touched and humbled by the international response to his desire to have a forever family. The response has been tremendous to the Tampa Bay Times story. Due to the overwhelming response, please be patient as we sort through the enormous volume of calls, emails and letters that have poured in from around the world. We promise that we will respond to each and every request."

So hopefully this sorts through and this boy finds a family.

Secondly, it is unfair to label Americans as heartless people who don't or won't adopt this boy. I have many female friends who have taken foster children into their hearts and homes, time after time. Some have tried to adopt and not been allowed to do so (single, birth mother wants her child back, etc). But they continue to take in foster children and try to keep siblings together. Some are now 'Grandma' to the next generation and have many families they have raised, if only for a few years. They are well remembered by the children they loved and sheltered.

I bet you know people who did this too.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:39 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I am 70 years old and work fulltime because I have to financially. Plus, I am not in especially good health. If I were single though, I would. My DH would never go for it. I love being around my teenage grandsons and they consider me a very good grandma.

And you......?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:14 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am 70 years old and work fulltime because I have to financially. Plus, I am not in especially good health. If I were single though, I would. My DH would never go for it. I love being around my teenage grandsons and they consider me a very good grandma.

And you......?
Annie you owe him no explanation, there is always one in every thread...

Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Not to turn this into a pity thread,but why don't Americans adopt American children,esp celebs?
I've wondered this also, guess it won't get them any fame. Just like Oprah opening a school in Africa, why hasn't she done anything in Chicago?

My guess is not too many people are willing to take on a teenager and all that it entails.

Wish the kid the best, to think he lived his whole life in foster home, is parents should have still been responsible.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Because they all want babies, and there are years long waiting lists for American babies. It's the older kids who never get homes. Not much different than a shelter, everyone wants a puppy, no one wants an 8 year old dog. Very sad, but unlikely to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events