Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 12:01 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I agree here.

And what's worst, the minute the story hit the news, a bunch of celebrities started tweeting about sexism and how they won't fly United again b/c it's discrimination.
LOL at those idiotic, overly-PC celebrities. The two women changed their pants and were allowed on the next flight. How did this story go viral anyway?

Old 03-27-2017, 12:13 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,630 times
If they don't like the dress code pay full price for the tickets and/or find another airline.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:01 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
IMO Much ado about nothing.

It was simply family/friends of airline employees getting a free ride who were not complying with the company employee dress code. And it was 2 teens and a lil girl....not women. Their Mom should have simply had the kids change and called it a day. That is at least 4 free airline tickets between them. Some folks are just ungrateful.

Us regular passengers still get to wear our leggings.

I'll add, there are a lot of things that I wouldn't do for free airline tickets, but wearing slacks or a dress while representing an airline that gave myself and 3 of my children free airfare isn't one of them.

Bet they won't get anymore free tickets.

In todays political atmosphere so many people have decided everything needs to be publically discussed/vented about so that they can exercise their freedom of speech. The dialogs are getting redundant at best.

Protest some real issues, falling on your sword over every social media post does a disservice to real issues. When everything is special, nothing is.

Last edited by JanND; 03-27-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-27-2017, 01:03 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
LOL at those idiotic, overly-PC celebrities. The two women changed their pants and were allowed on the next flight. How did this story go viral anyway?
Because people like to take only half the facts and run with it to prove their own agenda. In this case, it is the war against women.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:13 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Because people like to take only half the facts and run with it to prove their own agenda. In this case, it is the war against women.
Created by women. Women like the aforementioned Silverman and Chrissy Tiegen. Nutjobs, pure and simple.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:33 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

I'll add, there are a lot of things that I wouldn't do for free airline tickets, but wearing slacks or a dress while representing an airline that gave myself and 3 of my children free airfare isn't one of them.

Bet they won't get anymore free tickets
An airline employee's contract, whether individual or union, apparently covers a number of different sanctions that can happen if you or your buddies abuse the passholder system. While employment termination is possible, it's generally reserved for people caught selling their buddy passes on something like Craig's list. The employee responsible for the flyers in leggings in violation of the dress code is likely to lost pass rights for a period of time to permanently.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:53 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
They might have simply bragged to others "hey look, we're flying free on an employee pass" and then everyone would know. Enjoy your bullsh*t.
If that were the case they'd be breaking ANOTHER rule for non-rev travel. When I worked for AA we weren't allowed to tell people that we were flying on a company pass.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:18 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,072 times
Can't believe the folks in here defending and crying for the imbeciles who couldn't do something so simple, apparently a 10-year old could figure it out.

Sad as it is the defenders are even worse IMO for advancing this kind of idiotic behavior.
Just what we need more of...

Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
If that were the case they'd be breaking ANOTHER rule for non-rev travel. When I worked for AA we weren't allowed to tell people that we were flying on a company pass.
They didn't tell anybody anything. The person who took their tickets knew because it was right there in his face, on their tickets.

It's a moronic bystander/babbler/shrieker/outraged nincompoop who went public. She should be held accountable in some way, although I'm sure no law was broken.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:24 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,982,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
It was simply family/friends of airline employees getting a free ride who were not complying with the company employee dress code. And it was 2 teens and a lil girl....not women. Their Mom should have simply had the kids change and called it a day.
Apparently Mom did. It's others, not the women in question, who are making all the fuss.

I wonder if the United employee who provided the free tickets simply forgot to tell the mother about the dress code required for the tickets, and that leggings violate it? It would be a simple mistake to make (especially if you don't wear leggings yourself).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events