Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Report: Aaron Hernandez planned suicide “for weeks” | ProFootballTalk

These facts make it even more reasonable to ask questions regarding whether the authorities at the prison knew or should have known that Hernandez was suicidal. As mentioned Wednesday, the suicide rate for prisoners in Massachusetts was nearly double the national average for the period of 2001 through 2012. The situation prompted the Massachusetts Legislature to commission a study earlier this year aimed at better preventing inmate suicides.
I'm glad the study wasn't completed yet and things weren't done to try and prevent this.

Last edited by toosie; 04-21-2017 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted post for copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 08:44 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
All good points....Always remember what NFL stands for: Not For Long
Kid was in the NFL for 3 years, got the big contract 10 months before killing his buddy (but after the alleged killing of the other 2 guys). He simply imploded despite the success.

When I think of athletes that "make it" to the top, I always think of how many hours of workouts they did just to get to that point of being a superstar. Do they ever think of ways to handle being at the top while trying to get there?
From what I read he didn't seem to have had a particularly bad background growing up. His parents had their issues but they never abused or treated the Hernandez brothers badly when they grew up. In fact Aaron seemed to take it hard when his dad passed away at only 49 years of age suddenly. Something happened in him when he went to university. That's when he started to do things like beat people up and act like a thug, and it didn't help things when everyone in town treated the university football players like gods.

Quote:
Report: Aaron Hernandez planned suicide “for weeks” | ProFootballTalk

The death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was ruled a suicide only one day after it happened. A major international publication now claims that Hernandez had intended to take his own life for an extended period of time.
As they say hindsight is 20/20. Just because someone writes suicide notes or gives things away to others, doesn't mean it was done in a way to attract attention.

Anyhow, let us close this Hernandez affair with the best commentary and summary of the situation I have ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcRKsHm6sc

Last edited by toosie; 04-21-2017 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted post for copyright

Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
He saved the taxpayers all the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would have cost to keep him.

I bet the genuinely tough cons in the pen were looking forward to finding out who could make "Mr. NFL Big Shot" their girl.

Lesson:

If somebody spills a drink on you in a bar, just shine it on.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
My father died when I was nine. No brothers, no uncles or aunts nearby and just a younger sister. I never joined a gang, got myself an education, had a great career and never had anything worse than a speeding ticket.
Same here.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:33 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Aaron Hernandez left three notes before he hanged himself | Daily Mail Online

LOL. This dude killed a person over a spilled drink but had a gay lover in prison. This dude was messed up in the head real bad. Or maybe there was more to this. Maybe AH was in the closet and was hooking up with those dudes on the DL but the dudes decided to see guy and AH got mad.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:12 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Aaron Hernandez left three notes before he hanged himself | Daily Mail Online

LOL. This dude killed a person over a spilled drink but had a gay lover in prison. This dude was messed up in the head real bad. Or maybe there was more to this. Maybe AH was in the closet and was hooking up with those dudes on the DL but the dudes decided to see guy and AH got mad.

Ever hear of situational homosexuality? Quite common in the long term prison population.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Ever hear of situational homosexuality? Quite common in the long term prison population.
A hardcore gang-banger is going to leave a love letter to his gay lover. He is only been there for 4-5 years.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
A hardcore gang-banger is going to leave a love letter to his gay lover. He is only been there for 4-5 years.
He wasn't there long but he wasn't leaving under his own steam at any point either. Situational homosexuality doesn't exclude actual feelings for the other person.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:12 PM

5,294 posts, read 6,060,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
He wasn't there long but he wasn't leaving under his own steam at any point either. Situational homosexuality doesn't exclude actual feelings for the other person.
I don't think it was a case of situational homosexuality. Reports were that he had a long time male lover going back to high school. That Oden Lloyd had witnessed them in a sexual situation, and that was the reason he was killed in order to maintain that secret. The alleged male lover had to testify in front of a grand jury. It's pretty apparent at this point that he was bisexual at least. His need to keep it a secret seems to have played a part in some of his crimes. Though I cant imagine this would account for the other accusations and behaviors surrounding him.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I don't think it was a case of situational homosexuality. Reports were that he had a long time male lover going back to high school. That Oden Lloyd had witnessed them in a sexual situation, and that was the reason he was killed in order to maintain that secret. The alleged male lover had to testify in front of a grand jury. It's pretty apparent at this point that he was bisexual at least. His need to keep it a secret seems to have played a part in some of his crimes. Though I cant imagine this would account for the other accusations and behaviors surrounding him.
Pretty sad and pathetic when one kills another as a result of their own sexuality. Sad and pathetic because in 2017 (or 2012, whenever this exactly happened) people really should no longer be ashamed of such things. Would he have received hate from stupid bigots, as a famous athlete coming out? Sure, but he also would have inspired and maybe even saved the lives of hundreds or more of other young men and women in his type of situation. He took what was a good opportunity to be honest with himself and help others and ruined his life AND the lives of others, if these rumors are true.

He's just another selfish idiot. Either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events