Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:13 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,652,120 times

Advertisements

Road trips for me. Hate flying and exposing myself to abuse by airlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 12:22 PM

60 posts, read 51,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I copied Eric's post. Why do so many stick up for the customer, without knowing what happened? I have found in my lifetime customers create their own problems. Big companies usually will go out of their way to satisfy a customer if the problem is presented in a letter to the corporate office or to a manager on site.
Because of the detail in this account, I do tend to believe it, but we should also remember that this is just an internet post, and the writer cannot be verified at this point. Hopefully we will hear more from this alleged passenger and others through more verifiable sources.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:50 PM

749 posts, read 736,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Road trips for me. Hate flying and exposing myself to abuse by airlines.
I've flown all over the country for decades, and have never once been a recipient of "abuse by the airlines."

Old 04-24-2017, 01:32 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,019,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
That is fake crying if I've ever seen/heard it. She's just setting things up for the lawsuit I guess.
Yes !!

Heck, I want to slap her too with that fake cry !

Old 04-24-2017, 02:13 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,932,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
I've flown all over the country for decades, and have never once been a recipient of "abuse by the airlines."
Then you are lucky. We no longer fly Delta because of the way they treated us.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:29 PM

So this Eric guy ..... could see exactly what was happening at the woman's seat and is able to give a factual account of what happened there. He is then right at the front of the plane to give another factual account of what was happening in the first class section. He is then fast enough off the plane, despite all the other passengers, to eavesdrop on the conversation between the first class passenger and the American reps.. He then waits for this passenger so that he can exit baggage claim at the same time.

Eric certainly manages to get around.

Anyway ..... if this stroller was so large, why did the gate staff allow it on the plane? And there are always FAs at the front of the plane, why did they allow it on?

Obviously, 'Eric' was already in his seat when the lady got on. Why was a woman on her own with two babies not allowed to board first? And if that had happened, perhaps the stroller incident could have been avoided from the get-go.

And this camera crew that was waiting to interview the first class passenger .... anyone got a link?

Old 04-24-2017, 02:30 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,411,028 times
Dallas is known for it's fakery so it doesn't surprise me that this is where the flight was headed. This showcases two excellent examples; the fake crying to get her way when she knew she was not following the rules (entitlement and disregard of others) and the polo-db for yelling, scaring the baby again and just adding fuel to a situation that was already being resolved by others (lack of situational awareness and chest thumping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Anyway ..... if this stroller was so large, why did the gate staff allow it on the plane? And there are always FAs at the front of the plane, why did they allow it on?

Obviously, 'Eric' was already in his seat when the lady got on. Why was a woman on her own with two babies not allowed to board first? And if that had happened, perhaps the stroller incident could have been avoided from the get-go.

And this camera crew that was waiting to interview the first class passenger .... anyone got a link?

'Eric' may have been a premiere platinum customer and boarded first. She may have been late to the gate or waiting on upgrade availability. There are lots of reasons for her not boarding first. As far as the stroller, they allow you to use it during boarding to get to the seat (like a wheelchair) but gate check it once you are settled. If there's just one kiddo, they may just check it at the door but I've seen them allow those overwhelmed with two kiddos to be able to use an umbrella stroller to get to their seats before checking it.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,939,135 times
Stupid, stupid lady. This is all on her. Shame on american for upgrading her afterwards. Never reward bad behavior.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:44 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,372,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Dallas is known for it's fakery so it doesn't surprise me that this is where the flight....
TOTAL loss of credibility. You wasted my time and others with your first sentence....

Last edited by toosie; 04-24-2017 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Deleted escalated personal comment

Old 04-24-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Dallas is known for it's fakery so it doesn't surprise me that this is where the flight was headed. This showcases two excellent examples; the fake crying to get her way when she knew she was not following the rules (entitlement and disregard of others) and the polo-db for yelling, scaring the baby again and just adding fuel to a situation that was already being resolved by others (lack of situational awareness and chest thumping).

'Eric' may have been a premiere platinum customer and boarded first. She may have been late to the gate or waiting on upgrade availability. There are lots of reasons for her not boarding first. As far as the stroller, they allow you to use it during boarding to get to the seat (like a wheelchair) but gate check it once you are settled. If there's just one kiddo, they may just check it at the door but I've seen them allow those overwhelmed with two kiddos to be able to use an umbrella stroller to get to their seats before checking it.
To be clear .... I don't believe a word this "Eric" says. In fact, I don't believe he was on the plane. The passengers they did interview gave a slightly different perspective.

A few observations.

1. the woman was clearly foreign and English was clearly not her first language. I read she was from Argentina. So expecting her to understand how things work in the USA is perhaps unreasonable.

2. With two babies in tow, it is quite possible that she was frazzled. I read that she was connecting to an international flight in Dallas and she may have been worried that her stroller wouldn't make it.

3. The first class passenger should not have got involved.

4. The violent reaction of the FA to the first class passenger is inexcusable. He completely lost his cool. In fact, even after the first class passenger had sat back down the FA came back for more. If he is disciplined or fired it should be for that. It doesn't matter that he felt provoked, was aggravated with the woman or was having a bad day. In his job he should know - or be trained to - deescalate situations like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events