Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 08:23 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

That some people would excuse this madness shows you what a sick world we live in.

And OP, you need to make up your mind whether you find this disgusting overall, or whether it's 'appropriate' punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 08:28 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
As long as Judges have little or no accountability, this stupidity will continue.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:24 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That some people would excuse this madness shows you what a sick world we live in.

And OP, you need to make up your mind whether you find this disgusting overall, or whether it's 'appropriate' punishment.
I find so many things wrong with this story. The main things I find wrong with this story is: Kids getting high. Kids committing rape. Judge being waaay too lenient. Parents taking sides.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:25 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I just read the story and I saw nothing about the girl being a willing participant.
That's true, because the story you read is from CNN, a fake news outlet. Read the "victim's" own words; read the pre-sentencing report. Obviously the judge did not believe she was forced to do anything.

"Eventually it got to the point where I couldn't say 'no' anymore, like, I didn't know how to. So I ended up having sex with him".Those are her words. Not "I was forced by him" or "raped by him" but rather "ended up having sex with him". She had removed her own clothing for what other purpose?

It's also worth pointing out that the "victim" herself declared that she doesn't think her brother deserves any jail time. Strange sentiment coming from a "rape victim". Should the public be equally outraged at her as they are the judge?

Old 05-31-2017, 02:33 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
When a girl gets herself high on marijuana dabs, takes her own clothes off, and willingly has sex(all accepted facts in this case), that's not rape. And comparisons to the Turner case really aren't fair; it was never alleged that this girl was ever unconscious. They both chose to get high and both made bad decisions.

What the Counterfeit News Network(CNN) failed to report is that the family stood behind the defendant, not the "victim", submitting to the court 18 letters of support on his behalf. I think that speaks volumes, and it makes clear to me that there's more here than we're being told.
The "something more" is undoubtedly that this is one of those families that condones this kind of ugliness. If that kid had been raised right he would have gotten out of there like his pants were on fire when his sister dropped her drawers and came on to him.

IF it even really happened that way, which is far from clear to me.

Doesn't the state where this happened have a law against having sex (A) with a sibling and/or (B) with someone who's intoxicated? I don't see where he's the victim here.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
It's also worth pointing out that the "victim" herself declared that she doesn't think her brother deserves any jail time. Strange sentiment coming from a "rape victim". Should the public be equally outraged at her as they are the judge?

If the victim and parents all ask for leniency that gives the judge all the reason he needs for a light sentence. Though the court should have at least ordered some kind of emotional counseling for the defendant, and suggested it for the rest of the family.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:27 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
The "something more" is undoubtedly that this is one of those families that condones this kind of ugliness. If that kid had been raised right he would have gotten out of there like his pants were on fire when his sister dropped her drawers and came on to him.

IF it even really happened that way, which is far from clear to me.

Doesn't the state where this happened have a law against having sex (A) with a sibling and/or (B) with someone who's intoxicated? I don't see where he's the victim here.
No one has claimed that he's a victim in any way; I'm certainly not. But he's not a rapist, and she's not a rape victim. No one has claimed that she ever "came onto him", either. We have to keep our facts straight here. I believe he initiated the sexual contact, but I also believe she consented to it. It's easy to blame the parents, but the truth is, this kind of thing is more common among siblings than many would like to believe.

These were two kids who had no recorded criminal history, but were obviously using drugs. In the course of that, they both made a series of very poor decisions on one particular evening. As a result, one is given sympathy and labeled a "crime victim" while the other is being punished and labeled a "sex offender". There is something very wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events