Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:10 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,289,884 times

Advertisements

Here is another skewering of someone in an obituary. The mother got married, had two kids and had an affair and left. The kids were raised by the grandparents. They made it clear she would not be missed. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ace/672173002/

I checked it out. It's an actual obituary. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/na...?pid=189188418

I don't think I would go there as far as writing it into the obituary. I enjoy family history as a hobby. The story would eventually work it's way out when someone follows the paper trail fifty to seventy five years from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,961,729 times
The actual obituary appears worse than the part in that link.

For some reason, the Dad gets a pass on this, as does the brother in law who got mom pregnant again.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...oned-them.html

Old 06-05-2018, 07:41 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The actual obituary appears worse than the part in that link.

For some reason, the Dad gets a pass on this, as does the brother in law who got mom pregnant again.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...oned-them.html
Just wait until they die, maybe they will get roasted too. I think the brother in law got called out because they put his name...they need to wait until he dies to say the bad stuff so they don't get sued.

I don't think it was at all uncommon back then for the grandparents to raise the children if the mom left them with the dad. I know it is now, but the few people I have known of in this situation 50+ years ago were raised by their grandparents. Their dads works and supported them, financially and were part of their lives. But they didn't live with him.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:52 AM

838 posts, read 555,113 times
Well, that certainly would deter me from clicking on that Send Flowers link. If that wasn't one last F-you, I don't know what is. I hope her two children can now move forward and heal although I see tombstone graffiti in the future.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Just wait until they die, maybe they will get roasted too. I think the brother in law got called out because they put his name...they need to wait until he dies to say the bad stuff so they don't get sued.

I don't think it was at all uncommon back then for the grandparents to raise the children if the mom left them with the dad. I know it is now, but the few people I have known of in this situation 50+ years ago were raised by their grandparents. Their dads works and supported them, financially and were part of their lives. But they didn't live with him.
Interestingly, it appears they've changed their own names in this obituary to similar names. Wonder if day to day they're this bitter.

It is interesting, to me, that when moms abandon their kids for a guy, the kids have a much harder time than if dad runs off with another woman.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Very saaaaaad......such angry children...hope they can find some kind of peace in their hostile lives.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:49 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Very saaaaaad......such angry children...hope they can find some kind of peace in their hostile lives.
It does seem unnecessarily hostile. I get being disinterested, or resentful. But this is a whole new level. I would actually understand it more if she was a psycho witch and stuck around and tormented them for their lives. Then I could see being relieved she was dead. And I could somewhat understand that the anger would still be fresh. But...this is a long time to have this much anger.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:01 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I don't think they were angry nor hostile. They just stated that she won't be missed.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
Well, that certainly would deter me from clicking on that Send Flowers link. If that wasn't one last F-you, I don't know what is. I hope her two children can now move forward and heal although I see tombstone graffiti in the future.
I knew a guy that died in his 50's amidst a very very ugly divorce. This guy was a Navy Seal, went to Medical School, filed a extremely lucrative patent and retired early, very wealthy. His wife was in charge of his obit:

Name, city, date of death...........no memorial service, no details, no mention of kids/wife/accomplishments. It seemed like it was even less than the "free one liner" that people get by the funeral home until the real obit is published.

The irony, since the divorce was pending, the wife got everything! So the last 2 years of his life was 100% miserable aggravation for him (he was the cause of it) and in the end he lost!

Old 06-05-2018, 09:27 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Slapping down someone who can't retaliate from the grave. Wow! Is that the new thing we're supposed to tolerate and embrace because (FILL-IN-THE-BLANK)? Seriously?

I don't care what that mother did. She deserved a better obit. She gave those children life. Even no obit is better than what she received. Those children should be ashamed of writing that. I'm guessing they won't be because they are jerks without a heart and soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events