Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 04:46 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times

Advertisements

How hard can it be to toss your purse (or wallet) into the back seat with the kid? It's a mindset that can be changed. Just do it!

That said, this was not the child's mother. She wasn't prepared to be thrust back into the role. The guilt she will carry forever is unimaginable. Of course she must be blamed. She alone was responsible for the kid and it seems she assumed that responsibility willingly. But the bottom line is the birth of the kid completely changed her life and turned it topsy turvy.

She was obviously distracted, maybe running late, all the typical excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 06:53 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But how do you forget to take a child, who's in your car, to daycare? She didn't forget to go at the end of the day to pick the child up. How do you put a child in your car, then forget where you're going with the child?
Agree with you. Bet these people NEVER forget there purse or some electronic device in the car.

Will say might of NOT been a routine for grandma to have the child.

RIP sweet child. What a shame.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:56 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I can see it happening if it is not part of a person's usual routine to drop off a child to school/daycare. I can't imagine being so negligent, myself. Car/car seat manufacturers need to come up with a sensor/alarm of some kind that addresses this issue.
Yeah.
Let's make this a problem of the car seat manufacturers.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:30 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah.
Let's make this a problem of the car seat manufacturers.
You know what? Let's forget about car safety. Get rid of seat belts and airbags. While we are at it, let's go back to the days when children sat on their parent's lap in the car. Sound o.k. for you?

Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
You know what? Let's forget about car safety. Get rid of seat belts and airbags. While we are at it, let's go back to the days when children sat on their parent's lap in the car. Sound o.k. for you?
You're rolling eyes when nothing you have said here remotely addresses the fact that you want the car seat people to fix the problem that the parents create?

Ok.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:24 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Agree with you. Bet these people NEVER forget there purse or some electronic device in the car.
Why all the snarky comments about how people never forget their purse or their phone in the car? I've left both my purse and my phone. My husband has left his phone and his wallet. In fact, just about everyone I know has had moments when they panic and go, "OMG, I thought I had my phone and I don't, where is it?" What, you never have?

Old 08-07-2017, 08:44 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You're rolling eyes when nothing you have said here remotely addresses the fact that you want the car seat people to fix the problem that the parents create?

Ok.
It doesn't matter how or who creates the problem. We continuously improve safety features in cars and everything else. Why do new cars now have rear-view cameras? Why is a sensor for a baby seat so hard for you imagine?

And yes I roll my eyes with comments like the one you posted.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,621 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:

No, because with electronic devices it's something you'll ALWAYS have. So if you do forget it, you'll figure it out in the next couple minutes. I think people do leave those things in the car, but in 10 minutes they realize it.

At work, people don't encounter their children so they don't realize they're still in the car.

You rarely see a responsible sober adult leave a child in the car at home. Because if they did, pretty quickly they'd think hey where's the baby, and then oh no still in the car!

Old 08-07-2017, 10:12 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:

I have forgotten my phone in my car countless times but not my kid. I mean, I am not saying it couldn't have happened to me. But people always talk about how people never forget their phones but they forget their kids. That just isn't true.

I don't forget my purse because if I get out without it, my car honks and beeps at me. Somehow it seems like it could do that if I left a kid in? Hummmm

Old 08-07-2017, 10:19 AM

586 posts, read 554,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
So your version is that she calmly killed her grandchild and ice running through her veins, ignored the corps in the back to return to the day care to put on an act?

I believe being forgetful is more obvious. I don't have any reason the believe the body would be letting off an odor that would alert the grandmother either.
A dead baby (or body for that matter) in a hot car will smell. It will smell A LOT. The very first thing that a body does upon death is to defecate and urinate—so unless she's really, really used to the smell, she would notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events