Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 08:45 AM

810 posts, read 667,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
You could say the same about 14 school shooters who will never see the light of day again. Some crimes are so bad even a young person committing them will have lifelong consequences.
My question is what were to happen if a 16 yo male ISIS fighter from Turkey was captured instead?

- First off, would the world give a sh|t?
- Would there be highly publicized efforts to get him back to Turkey?
- Would the fact that he was 16 give him a pass and keep him from being executed?
- Would being Arab matter to people that are growing increasingly numb to violence in the middle east?
- Would his being a male matter despite his age? His nationality?

The answer would undoubtedly be NO to all of the above. I'm sick and tired of seeing millennials break common sense rules and expect a bailout from the mainstream media, their government, their friends, mommy, daddy etc. After smacking the cold, hard, wall of reality they want the world to boo hoo and then be magically transported back to their self entitled world of Instagram and iPhones. Otto Warmbier, Michelle Carter, Reality Winner are other examples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 08:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why millennials get such a bad rep....
Yes one idiot millennial and we can all jump on ALL millennials as a bunch and pretend they are all the same and all idiots. Don't old people realize how dumb they sound went lumping a group like millennials together as they are all the same? Oh and I am a gen x'er and am getting tired of how people are treating young folks. Many millennials are doing great things believe it or not. Like it or not they are our future. My generation raised them, but it is challenging due to social media. That is a big problem for the most part.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:18 AM

836 posts, read 1,119,203 times
What happens when teenage girl's parents divorce? Is everybody so jaded that they don't believe divorce is traumatic on children anymore?

This girl was online and was easily a target like so many kids are these days. She probably found somebody who showed her sympathy. Being distraught and unhappy she would be an easy target.

I won't condemn her until I found out more information about what she actually did.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:45 AM

973 posts, read 914,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why millennials get such a bad rep....

German girl faces execution for joining ISIS in Mosul | Daily Mail Online
Now now, let's not forget how many lives were destroyed by the white collar crimes committed not so long ago...I'm pretty sure those responsible weren't millennials.

And yea, this girl deserves what's coming. 16 is not much different from 18. She knew right from wrong. It's not a gray area. It's black and white.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:04 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,650 times
we need to stop sending them to liberal college

Old 08-11-2017, 10:23 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
we need to stop sending them to liberal college
What does this have to do with it? Sending who to liberal college? ISIS? The German girls who went over there were in highschool. Did you even bother to read the story?

Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffypoopoo View Post
And yea, this girl deserves what's coming. 16 is not much different from 18. She knew right from wrong. It's not a gray area. It's black and white.
She was 15 when she left Germany. According to the story, she was recruited by two women from Morocco in her community, a 50-yr-old and her 21-yr-old daughter, who were recruiting women for ISIS. The teen was having some kind of problems at home, and wanted to leave home. Her parents were divorced or separated. The recruiters took advantage of her situation.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-11-2017 at 10:33 AM..

Old 08-11-2017, 10:26 AM

518 posts, read 763,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does this have to do with it? Sending who to liberal college? ISIS? The German girls who went over there were in highschool. Did you even bother to read the story?
In my short time here at this forum...I feel that some posters' extremely strong believe/hatred in certain socio-political ideologies borders on delusional disorder where their sense of reality is literally warped so much that they can't help but respond with so ridiculous statements that everyone but them can see is completely insane.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:35 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yes one idiot millennial and we can all jump on ALL millennials as a bunch and pretend they are all the same and all idiots. Don't old people realize how dumb they sound went lumping a group like millennials together as they are all the same? Oh and I am a gen x'er and am getting tired of how people are treating young folks. Many millennials are doing great things believe it or not. Like it or not they are our future. My generation raised them, but it is challenging due to social media. That is a big problem for the most part.
I appreciate this comment. It's getting really tiring and pathetic seeing posters on this site taking jabs at millenials daily. Every generation has it's morons like you said, last time I checked millenials didn't mess up the economy or initiate pointless wars that caused mass casualties, but I'm not here to play the my generation is superior game.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
What happens when teenage girl's parents divorce? Is everybody so jaded that they don't believe divorce is traumatic on children anymore?

This girl was online and was easily a target like so many kids are these days. She probably found somebody who showed her sympathy. Being distraught and unhappy she would be an easy target.

I won't condemn her until I found out more information about what she actually did.
Exactly. The two Moroccan women had made videos and posted online. Also, it seems they managed to persuade her to attend a mosque in town, where they met with her in person. This recruiting activity could have been going on for a year or more. It probably began when she was 14, maybe younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events