Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:39 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
CVS Health plans to begin offering next-day delivery of prescriptions and retail merchandise from its nationwide network of more than 9,700 stores, marking a potentially preemptive strike at Amazon as the online giant weighs entry into the pharmacy business.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...les/835090001/

What else, or who else, will be jumping on this bandwagon? What company would you like to see offer services like this? What items(s) do you think would be really important to have delivered overnight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
CVS is expensive as hell. I only go there for my scripts. I'm not paying $8 a bottle for shampoo that I can get on Amazon for half that.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
I hate CVS and I don't usually go in there at all for anything, so I definitely won't be using this service. Next-day delivery for prescriptions wouldn't help me since I don't take prescription medication normally so when I do fill a scrip, it's because I'm sick and I need it today, not tomorrow. I'll just fill it at Wal-Mart or Kroger for $10 and be done with it.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM

840 posts, read 1,120,725 times
I stop by CVS to get my prescription on the way to the grocery store. No need to mail it to me. All there other items are expensive

Old 11-07-2017, 07:00 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Totally agree on them being expensive, I may go in one of their stores once a year? For me, there may be items I need on sale, but since I don't get the paper, I don't know, and don't bother looking up ads on the internet.

I did use Walgreen's free ship to store once when I was searching for hand cream. It was cheaper than Amazon or anywhere else. If I found something like this on CVS, then yes, I would use this service if shipping was free.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:28 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
They could deliver it to my door for free 10 minutes after I order it and I'd still choose an alternative.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:08 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
The replies above speak for themselves when it comes to CVS, but I do wonder how many other businesses will start with this, but expect prices to increase to offset the cost of the shipping. Just FYI, there is NO such thing as free shipping. That cost has been built into the price of the item.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
They could deliver it to my door for free 10 minutes after I order it and I'd still choose an alternative.
Well, a couple years ago, Popular Mechanics did a piece on 10 of the most important technologies to come out within the next 10 years.

Ability to email or text tangible objects was one of them. Apparently they have been working on this for awhile, once that comes out, it will kill brick and mortar stores, as people can get what they order online instantly at that point. Id imagine online retailers with DEEP pockets are helping financially too, ensuring it happens sooner than later.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:58 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
I stop by CVS to get my prescription on the way to the grocery store. No need to mail it to me. All there other items are expensive
I used to do this but once I switched to United Healthcare, I had to use OPTUM RX for automatic refills shipped. The health plan is written that way (otherwise, must walk into CVS every month).

So this must be CVS' response, trying not to lose all that auto-refill business. As a CVS stockholder, I'm pleased with this.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I used to do this but once I switched to United Healthcare, I had to use OPTUM RX for automatic refills shipped. The health plan is written that way (otherwise, must walk into CVS every month).

So this must be CVS' response, trying not to lose all that auto-refill business. As a CVS stockholder, I'm pleased with this.
CVS jumped a few notches up in my book when they stopped selling cigarettes awhile back. Just curious if that has been a good thing for them financially? I know my companies contract with the tobacco vendors is terrible, we would be better off not selling them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events