Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 04:34 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Never heard of this show. But checked it out after seeing local headlines. Sad...

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...77ba5f1d7.html
That's just horrible. I don't understand why people continue to drive while intoxicated when there's so many other options; if you can afford a few drinks going out, you should be able to afford to buy a ride home if you have to. The inconvenience is worth avoiding something so tragic like this, that definitely does happen from time to time. There seems to be too many of these kinds of things happening. Just a few weeks ago there was that story of the mother of 6 dying also from a drunk driver. It's so frustrating that you seem to always hear of the innocent person dying while the murderer doesn't (that's what they are, murderers); though I'm sure there's got to be those times when the opposite happens, maybe it's just not reported so much.

Life is just so difficult enough. Happiness is such a precious and fleeting thing. Why do people have to do such stupid things to ruin things for other people? Something that can be avoided so easily. It's so senseless and horrible.

The sentences really do need to be more severe for such things however. I'd say life in prison at the least, though I feel that the death sentence is warranted since a life was taken. Although it wasn't exactly intentional, the circumstances were such that you're really taking quite a risk with other people's lives operating a fast-moving vehicle while mentally impaired. Maybe some of these accidents can be avoided if the sentences were harsher. If people can't be motivated to protect other people's lives by not being a danger to them, maybe they can be motivated by the possibility that they might face life in prison if they kill another person while driving under the influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 06:22 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Ugh, even 2-4 drinks means "4 drinks"....which would be like me having over a dozen cocktails.

Oh well, she tested drunk so it doesn't matter and she's going to go to jail for felony DUI.

Poor family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events