Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 12:54 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,783,775 times

Advertisements

She's mentally ill, probably was having a psychotic break. Prison won't change that. She will need ongoing psychiatric care for the rest of her life. I would agree with lifetime probation, with mandatory psychiatric care compliance. People with these issues go off their meds and re-offend, and just keeping her away from kids is not gonna be enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 01:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
For those who think my sense of humor wasn't funny-humor is often found in the most horrible things we as humans do. Death is a common part of many jokes for example. And its how we deal with some of these things. Additionally-I've raised 8 kids. And maybe some of you folks miss this, but the comment is relevant. Kids ARE stressful.

So...WHY did she do this? I mean think this through. It wasn't for any benefit. What was the criminal intent? When you start asking yourself this, it becomes clear, this person has something wrong with them. While I think the judge was a bit too light-these sorts of mental issues are deep seated and require a ton of work to get through-work that our system should oversee for a long period.

Whats the purpose of imprisonment? Is it punishment? Is it to set an example? Is it to reform? When you think about it.....punishing someone with a mental issue? set an example so crazy people wont do crazy things? In the end this is one of those times where it should be a bit of an example, and reform.
If a man had done the same thing she did, he wouldn't be considered "mentally ill". He would be called a monster.

Most people who commit crimes have at least some temporary mental illness going on. We can't let them all out of jail or let them all walk free.

She is highly dangerous and at least needs to be committed to a state mental institution.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:38 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If a man had done the same thing she did, he wouldn't be considered "mentally ill". He would be called a monster.

Most people who commit crimes have at least some temporary mental illness going on. We can't let them all out of jail or let them all walk free.

She is highly dangerous and at least needs to be committed to a state mental institution.
True.
This human got a slap on the hand while a noose was a round a child's neck. Who got the life long sentence? The kid..who was traumatized. Please do not say 'kids are resilient ' ! It only adds to the ease that an abuser can say...aww shucks they'll bounce back .

Old 07-18-2018, 03:04 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,189,207 times
Let's see, toddler, bicyclist and pedestrian.

Clearly has issues with the motile.

I hope one of the terms of her probation isn't "hanging around the house".

Old 07-18-2018, 03:05 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
There are some people who should be removed from this earth. This pig is one of them. If it was my kid she did this to I'd probably beat her to a pulp or end her life. Yeah I'd go to jail but I detest people who abuse children. I'd be the jail hero

Old 07-18-2018, 03:16 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She was not legally insane but that doesn’t mean she is not mentally ill. Most mentally ill individuals are not legally insane. Her mental illness did not get her a not guilty decision. It was considered by the judge when sentencing.

"Sentencing"?

10 years probation isn't a sentence. It's a pat on the head and a fatherly "Now, don't you let me see you in my courtroom again."

Old 07-18-2018, 03:40 PM

2,568 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Well, I am baffled. I looked for photos of her and fully expected her to be one of those "too pretty to go to prison" types. But no, she is average at best. So she must truly have had such severe mental problems that sending her to prison won't accomplish anything.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:56 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
There are some people who should be removed from this earth. This pig is one of them. If it was my kid she did this to I'd probably beat her to a pulp or end her life. Yeah I'd go to jail but I detest people who abuse children. I'd be the jail hero
An old saying....violence begets violence

I agree with your outrage...just not the physical harm to invoke on another

Old 07-18-2018, 04:07 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She hangs a toddler in her basement, hits a pedestrian, a bicyclist and another driver with her minivan while fleeing the scene and the judge gives her time served? Perfect.

I wonder if it was even a licensed daycare but I suspect we know the answer. The article states she arrived in the US from Ukraine but doesn’t give details. Wouldn’t commiting a slew of crimes be grounds for deportation?
She was a mail order bride. Once you're married to an American I don't think you get deported.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:35 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Well, I am baffled. I looked for photos of her and fully expected her to be one of those "too pretty to go to prison" types. But no, she is average at best. .
She's not even average. She's ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events