Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 10:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Yep, this is what happens when the black market is responsible for drug quality! They are just concerned with weight, they will add anything and everything in to increase value of the dope they have.

The same exact thing happened not long but they were lacing it with elephant tranquilizer, Carfentanyl, it is like 10,000X more powerful than morphine!!

If they had just left the pain pill epidemic alone, we would not be in this situation today, at least with pain pills given out by a pharmacy, the addict knows what they are taking.

This also proves how DEA and other LE/ Lawmakers are not really concerned with our health and safety (they made things MUCH worse by cracking down on pain pills, doctors, pharma, etc)!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 12:13 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why don't you spend a few seconds on Google before bashing someone. Having a problem with addiction doesn't stop her from being a good person. It doesn't make her selfish. She does visit children who are sick and in the hospital. She is very involved in many different charities and causes, and gives not only her money, but time as well.
Oh didnt know that.. well shes a great role model for them all.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:50 AM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Interesting interview.

Man who allegedly gave Demi Lovato drugs speaks about her overdose

Old 08-31-2018, 08:47 PM

987 posts, read 779,931 times
This news article seems very strange, made up maybe? fake news?

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...hile-in-rehab/

Old 09-01-2018, 01:41 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
I don’t actually know who she is. Pop culture isn’t my jam, but this fentanyl stuff has to stop. We lost Prince and Tom Petty to it. That’s strong stuff that is usually given through a patch in medical settings. It’s dangerous. I hope she recovers.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don’t actually know who she is. Pop culture isn’t my jam, but this fentanyl stuff has to stop. We lost Prince and Tom Petty to it. That’s strong stuff that is usually given through a patch in medical settings. It’s dangerous. I hope she recovers.
Its the lack of regulation that is causing these problems.

How difficult is it to understand when you criminalize a drug, the black market is going to pick up the slack and any 'quality control' is out the door completely.

How about we just leave these decisions up to doctors, and NOT law enforcement? If we cannot trust doctors to make responsible decisions on prescription medicine, why in the world should we trust them with other important decisions relating to health/ treatment?!!

Old 09-01-2018, 07:25 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
The sudden crackdown was definitely the wrong way to handle this opioid mess that we are in. The pharmaceutical companies lied to our prescribers about the addictive nature of their product, especially OxyContin. But the way to deal with it was NOT dropping the hammer so hard that legitimate chronic pain patients couldn’t get it, and not allowing doctors to wean patients down.

Prohibition has always been a bad solution.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The sudden crackdown was definitely the wrong way to handle this opioid mess that we are in. The pharmaceutical companies lied to our prescribers about the addictive nature of their product, especially OxyContin. But the way to deal with it was NOT dropping the hammer so hard that legitimate chronic pain patients couldn’t get it, and not allowing doctors to wean patients down.

Prohibition has always been a bad solution.
I have a feeling the crackdown was a way of cutting out the competition. Before this crackdown, LOTS of addicts (myself included) were getting 'their fix' legally, thru doctor...naturally if you are a drug dealer or the drug cartels, this is very bad for business, its also bad for Law enforcement, cant really arrest someone who has a legal prescription given by a doctor.

As soon as the new prescription drug laws went into effect in 2012, I was amazed how much heroin was suddenly everywhere and for cheap, the person I bought from, heroin was the only thing they had during this time, they actually had so much, it was running them ragged just trying to meet the demand!! it was almost like this was all planned, I was using daily back then, and myself and many friends made the switch to heroin once we couldnt get the pills from doctors anymore.

It was a concerted effort involving DEA and the major drug cartels, it was a win win for both entities when you think about it.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:37 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
Demi Lovato is a mess

Did she die?

Old 09-07-2018, 10:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Demi Lovato is a mess

Did she die?
Why is it that when a normal person is addicted to drugs, they're a worthless junkie...but when it's someone famous, all of a sudden it's "thoughts & prayers"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events