Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 05:46 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

Very sad, apparently the two lived in the same building and were acquaintances who talked frequently. Suspect was probably some jealous and obsessed nutcase who snapped.

Her brother killed himself a few years ago, so the parents now have no children alive.

https://6abc.com/usstudent-living-in...death/4897152/

Quote:
An American psychology student and musician living in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam has been stabbed to death in her apartment and police were preparing to arraign a man suspected in the slaying, a police spokeswoman said Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 05:57 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,603 times
Sad for the parents. Unfortunately this is a common occurrence these days.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
I was forced to live with roommates the whole 4-years I was in the military..........never again.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:45 PM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
She had told her parents the roommate had a temper that was getting worse but that she could usually calm him down. I wonder if the University set up the roommates or if she advertised for one?

Old 12-14-2018, 04:27 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Sad for the parents. Unfortunately this is a common occurrence these days.
Murder has been common since the dawn of mankind.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:37 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I was forced to live with roommates the whole 4-years I was in the military..........never again.
What is this relevant to? Not all roommates commit murder.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:58 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What is this relevant to? Not all roommates commit murder.

I have read just so many news-stories about things going very badly between roommates. Not all bad, but I would feel the need to keep my eyes peeled if I had a roommate.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:09 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Murder has been common since the dawn of mankind.

Killer apes.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:22 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
It sounds like her mom recognized the signs of irrationality and perhaps mental illness, or at least--high risk, and told her to move out of the apartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5;
Unfortunately this is a common occurrence these days.
. In whose reality is roommate-murder a common occurrence?! I've never heard of a case of a roommate, (apparently both college students? or one was a student) murdering their roommate. It's extremely rare.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:58 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I was in the military, stationed in California in the early 90's. I went through a divorce, and once back in the barracks soon realized I too hated barracks life, (and my rap music loving roomie). Since I was an E-5 at the time, I could move out on the economy, which I did. I sub let a room in a 3 bedroom house on a verbal recommendation, my new roomates being a 19 year old girl, and the home owners 30 something year old son. Utilities to be split 3 ways. It looked OK going in.

A month into the lease I realized the girl was pregnant with no guy in her life, and the owners son was a white nationalist ex felon, with a large swastika tattoo on his belly, a meth habit, and criminal tendencies. He also did not work (he said he worked construction full time when I moved in, and would rarely be home. Lie.)

The girl was clearly looking for a "daddy", but I ignored her. She wasnt interested in the other guy.

The guy had a hasp and padlock on his bedroom door and would lock/unlock it every time he went in or out. Paranoid.

He met an IHOP waitress one evening, brought her to our house in her car. She comes in my room about 1 AM, scared and wakes me up. He had locked her in the room earlier, and was trying to get her to do wierd sex stuff she didnt like. He had her car keys and would not return them to her, she wanted to leave. I go take the keys from him, and push him around some in doing so (I was twice his size). She leaves quickly. He seems like he scared of me at that point, but says he wants to drink some beers together after she leaves. I had to work the next day, and I tell him he is an idiot, and I am getting some sleep. He locks himself in his room.

1st week into my second month, I came in and found him with what I presumed were some stolen guns. He wanted to know if I could help him sell them "to some guys on the military base". I take the guns under false premise, just to get them away from him. I bring them to the police (yes, I walked into a police station with a rifle and a handgun in a bag), and he gets arrested later that morning. Oddly, the police in Oxnard CA seemed openly uninterested in the situation at first. It makes the local paper the next week though. The guns were indeed stolen in a home invasion.

I moved out the next day. I was concerned I may be put in a position where I may have to hurt this dumb ass if I stayed there and he was able to come back to the house. The girl also moved out, but not with me. The landlord was mad at me for moving, and kept my months rent and security deposit, but didnt seem too phased I helped put his son back in prison.

Lessons learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events