Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 05:09 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,598,821 times

Advertisements

KEEP IT!

That is your proof of vaccination. You may need it if you travel outside the US or take a cruise.

I contacted my health care provider, provided them with a scan of the card, and asked that they add that to my health record. Not only will the information be useful if I get sick but if I misplace the card they can certify that I am vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 05:21 PM

43,283 posts, read 18,419,066 times
You can buy these cards on the black market for $20.
It's a vaccination reminder card.

More than likely you will be required to have a digital health passport which shows you are vaccinated.
The major tech firms and travel firms as well as governments have been working on them for quite some time now.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-prove-it/

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ummer-n1261022
After getting both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, I stored my appointment card in a safe. As a lead instructor for NATO special forces training, I'll need to prove my vaccination status before traveling to NATO headquarters in Belgium when in-person learning resumes, most likely this summer.

But my vaccine card, issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will actually not be enough to prove that I am fully vaccinated, especially for international travel. The cards are too easy to forge.

With more than 335 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine administered around the world so far, according to the World Health Organization, the race is on to develop a Covid-19 “vaccine passport.”

Old 03-14-2021, 07:29 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,888,964 times
The law lets pharmacies bill your insurance company an 'administrative fee' for covid vaccines. I'm actually glad we found our leftover vaccines at a Publix because they do indeed bill insurance that fee (something like $14 according to the pharmacy receipt) so I end up with a covid vaccine notation on my Florida Blue 'permanent record' that should be simple enough to move over to whatever vaccine travel documentation I need later on.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:49 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times
The appointment card is so janky I wouldn't be surprised if some don't even accept it as real proof. Like some library card I used to have from my grade school days, and that was many decades ago.

Whoever was the person giving me the first shot, simply hand wrote the date I got the vaccination and which vaccine (and scratched out something written incorrectly). Looked like some fifth grader's writing. For the second vaccination, at least there was a label printed out with the vaccine info including label. I'm going to see if there's something better I can use, I think my vaccine information is stored in my online health chart from my private doctor.

Old 03-15-2021, 04:45 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,336,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You can buy these cards on the black market for $20.
It's a vaccination reminder card.

More than likely you will be required to have a digital health passport which shows you are vaccinated.
The major tech firms and travel firms as well as governments have been working on them for quite some time now.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-prove-it/

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ummer-n1261022
After getting both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, I stored my appointment card in a safe. As a lead instructor for NATO special forces training, I'll need to prove my vaccination status before traveling to NATO headquarters in Belgium when in-person learning resumes, most likely this summer.

But my vaccine card, issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will actually not be enough to prove that I am fully vaccinated, especially for international travel. The cards are too easy to forge.

With more than 335 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine administered around the world so far, according to the World Health Organization, the race is on to develop a Covid-19 “vaccine passport.”
I’m in the CDC VAMS database. I can log into the portal and access my vaccine certificate. The certificate has my name, date of birth, a VAMS id, when and where I was vaccinated, type of vaccine, and the lot number. I can click on “download PDF”. I have a copy on my phone and can get another trivially. I don’t need to rely on a trivially forged flimsy piece of paper.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:07 AM

61,914 posts, read 87,471,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
KEEP IT!

That is your proof of vaccination. You may need it if you travel outside the US or take a cruise.

I contacted my health care provider, provided them with a scan of the card, and asked that they add that to my health record. Not only will the information be useful if I get sick but if I misplace the card they can certify that I am vaccinated.
Nope. Better contact your airline and ask about requirements.
For international flights there will be app or/and proof of a test taken less than 72 hrs (some airports have test stations). Regulations change often, so better be prepared.
Those cards are reminders and useless for travel.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:35 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,888,964 times
I suspect that vaccine passports will happen at some point later in the year when countries start to agree on format and what vaccines 'count'. And that some countries will handle this about as well as they handle yellow fever cards.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:27 AM

15,547 posts, read 10,539,245 times
Keep it because they may use the data for any potential boosters. You will have a record too.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:42 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,598,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m in the CDC VAMS database. I can log into the portal and access my vaccine certificate. The certificate has my name, date of birth, a VAMS id, when and where I was vaccinated, type of vaccine, and the lot number. I can click on “download PDF”. I have a copy on my phone and can get another trivially. I don’t need to rely on a trivially forged flimsy piece of paper.
How did you get in the CDC VAMS database?

Old 03-15-2021, 10:37 AM

23,899 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
How did you get in the CDC VAMS database?

I guess you didn't try to google? See this page. Your vaccine provider has to participate with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events