Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 08:23 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
man! i checked it out and they're already sold out - stinks!!
You can still order it, new stock is supposed to arrive 7-17

Quote:
Sorry, this item is Out of Stock. We expect to receive it by 07/17/08. You can still order it and we will ship it to you as soon as it comes in.
Also call the area stores to see if they have it in stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:45 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Performance is having a rack sale.

Big Summer Savings On Car Racks

XPORT Flatbed 2-Bike Hitch Rack @ Performance Bicycle
This one is on sale for $150, and then if you buy it today or tomorrow, the 3rd or 4th of July, you can take an additional 15% off, making it $127.50. Such a deal! I think it is the kind you are looking for. Have it shipped to the Ft. Worth store and save on shipping charges, if shipping is more than gas to the shop.

Fort Worth
5531 South Hulen Street
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Phone: 817-717-3478
Cool, thanks for the heads up! But they're sold out until 7/17. I appreciate your looking out for me, though.

Edit: I just saw your reply to fisher's post. I'll call up my local Perf. Bike and see if they have it in stock. I expect to get my receiver hitch next weekend, so I don't need a bike rack any sooner.

Another bike rack I was checking out was SportRack 2EZ (http://www.rackoutfitters.com/car-racks/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=899 - broken link). It looks very similar to the Export Flatbed you linked to. What do you think? Thanks again!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Cool, thanks for the heads up! But they're sold out until 7/17. I appreciate your looking out for me, though.

Edit: I just saw your reply to fisher's post. I'll call up my local Perf. Bike and see if they have it in stock. I expect to get my receiver hitch next weekend, so I don't need a bike rack any sooner.

Another bike rack I was checking out was SportRack 2EZ (http://www.rackoutfitters.com/car-racks/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=899 - broken link). It looks very similar to the Export Flatbed you linked to. What do you think? Thanks again!
It does look the same, probably the same manufacturer. Xport is one of Performance's house brands, so who knows whom actually makes it.

Last edited by PanTerra; 07-03-2008 at 12:32 PM..

Old 07-03-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
It does look the same, probably the same manufacturer. Xport is one of Performance's house brands, so who knows whom actually makes it.
Yes, they do look very similar. That other link has a video of how the bike rack works.

In reading Performance's Web site, it looks like they'll assemble the bike rack for free?

I'll probably order it tomorrow after I get my bike tonight. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,939 times
hey yall - we got some bikes! yay. hubby went w/ the jamis satellite and i ended up going w/ the felt fw40 (http://www.feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1508&pid=8698 - broken link) (i thought this was a tri bike before, shows how much i really know - i'm not sure why i thought that). they ended up ordering me a 45 b/c i was stretched out pretty far in the 48. it was pretty terrible actually. so let's hope the 45 will work out. i decided i'd rather be less stretched out than have a steel bike, so hopefully this al one will be fine. we won't be riding too far. if i don't like it, he'll make sure i'm happy. they should be here next friday. triathlon training starts monday, so i hope we don't need to do much riding before then.

now to get a hitch, rack, helmets, water bottles, pedals, etc., etc....haha. oh me.

what do you think??!!

beowulf, did you get your bike today? you like it?!

panterra, were you in rbm today? we were in there, i looked for a bike rider who looks like he would be on this forum w/ the name panterra...but no luck - hahaha.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
hey yall - we got some bikes! yay. hubby went w/ the jamis satellite and i ended up going w/ the felt fw40 (http://www.feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1508&pid=8698 - broken link) (i thought this was a tri bike before, shows how much i really know - i'm not sure why i thought that). they ended up ordering me a 45 b/c i was stretched out pretty far in the 48. it was pretty terrible actually. so let's hope the 45 will work out. i decided i'd rather be less stretched out than have a steel bike, so hopefully this al one will be fine. we won't be riding too far. if i don't like it, he'll make sure i'm happy. they should be here next friday. triathlon training starts monday, so i hope we don't need to do much riding before then.

now to get a hitch, rack, helmets, water bottles, pedals, etc., etc....haha. oh me.

what do you think??!!

beowulf, did you get your bike today? you like it?!

panterra, were you in rbm today? we were in there, i looked for a bike rider who looks like he would be on this forum w/ the name panterra...but no luck - hahaha.
Well.... I was right here, I live on the street south of RBM. I would have ridden over. You did ok. If a bike doesn't fit right, it is the wrong one to get. If you were too stretched out, you wouldn't want to ride like that for 50 miles. You know, orange is the new black. It says that this has 650 wheels. YOu are tiny. I haven't seen toe-clips in a while. But you did say you were going to get some pedals.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:33 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,939 times
thanks, i'm glad you think i did ok

Old 07-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Happy 4th, everyone.

Yes, I did "close" on my bike yesterday and physically picked it up today. (I had a friend take delivery of it yesterday and then went over to his place w/ another friend's SUV to pick it up.) I rode around for almost 6 mi. today and will do some more riding the rest of the weekend.

Panterra, I ordered that bike rack from performancebike.com using the 15% discount code (448) and had it shipped to the FW store. They still charged $11 for shipping, but that was $10 than if I had it shipped to my house. I figure going down there and fetching it would be less than $10 gas. And hopefully they'll help me assemble it on the spot.

I'm looking forward to a lot of pedaling! Good luck w/ yours, fisher!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Happy 4th, everyone.

Yes, I did "close" on my bike yesterday and physically picked it up today. (I had a friend take delivery of it yesterday and then went over to his place w/ another friend's SUV to pick it up.) I rode around for almost 6 mi. today and will do some more riding the rest of the weekend.

Panterra, I ordered that bike rack from performancebike.com using the 15% discount code (448) and had it shipped to the FW store. They still charged $11 for shipping, but that was $10 than if I had it shipped to my house. I figure going down there and fetching it would be less than $10 gas. And hopefully they'll help me assemble it on the spot.

I'm looking forward to a lot of pedaling! Good luck w/ yours, fisher!
That is strange about the shipping, I have had wheels shipped to my store and there was no shipping charge because it was shipped to a store, and just tax. I would talk to them again. I will ask the guys at my store about that to see if there has been a policy change.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
That is strange about the shipping, I have had wheels shipped to my store and there was no shipping charge because it was shipped to a store, and just tax. I would talk to them again. I will ask the guys at my store about that to see if there has been a policy change.
It was about $21 to ship to my house (also in FW) or $11 to ship to store. Maybe they recently added that charge to offset increased fuel expense? Or would a bike rack be considered bulky compared to your wheels? Thanks, if you ask them and find out, I'd appreciate it.

I received an e-mail the other day after I ordered that the bike rack might not arrive at the store until as late as 8/14! Hopefully it won't take that long.

I rode another 8 mi. yesterday and have put a little under 20 mi. on my bike. I like it so far and would like to do more long distance rides. I was riding w/ a visiting friend and we were pressed for time. Also, since he has a MTB (also Trek), he doesn't like to do too much road riding.

fisher, did you get to do a lot of pedaling over the weekend? Hope the new
45-size bike works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling