Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:14 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times

Advertisements

Just had an fruit salad that had sliced apples,grapes,raisins,slices of banana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
You have been a busy bunch while I was out going and doing. Mr. VA now has his flu shot, we have our groceries and too much food for dinner. I bought rolls and had one with Shedd calcium spread. Mesquite chicken breast, salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and celery. I am not going to tell you what else I had, because I can't remember all of it. See you tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
well, last dinner out with my in-laws and SIL before they go back to NJ in the morning.

salad with Thousand Island dressing
seafood over linguine dish

home-made chocolate cake

The owner of the restaurant turned out to be from the same home town back in NJ as my husband's family, went to high school with my hubby, and my FIL was his high school teacher. Small world, isn't it?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I have refused to buy new pants.. honestly refused. Of course, I'm not going to embarass myself by saying my waste size, but I'm also not one of those guys who says, "Oh.. my waste is still a 34!" But then wears the pants under 45" of gut!!! I just put them on.. and every time I have to exhale to get them snapped/buttoned, it's a nice little reminder... "Go exercise fat a**!!"

That is so funny. Be careful!

When we were riding in the car today we were listening to a talk show where people call in. It was something about strange things that happened on a date. This young man went to pick up his date and she was about a size five and she had put on a size 3 pair of pants and could not get them off. He offered to cut them off her, but instead they called the paramedics and the paramedics ended up cutting the pants off her. Now that I am typing this, I am having a hard time believeing it. It sounded real today.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
well, last dinner out with my in-laws and SIL before they go back to NJ in the morning.

home-made chocolate cake

The owner of the restaurant turned out to be from the same home town back in NJ as my husband's family, went to high school with my hubby, and my FIL was his high school teacher. Small world, isn't it?

And now you have new old friends in Raleigh. That's great! Better than the weather today. BRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I went to the restroom of a diner in Arizona and met a lady there and we were both washing food off our shirts where we had messed up eating our lunch. Turned out she was from Northern Union County, North Carolina.

I could go on with several different stories, but the bottom line is that it is a small world.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:00 PM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Supper:
medium size hamburg pattie (85%lean fried on Pam) a boiled potato with a little butter, and 1/3 cup baked beans and a green salad with balsamic vinegar. banana strawberry low fat yogurt for dessert. I feel stuffed! A week ago this wouldnt have lasted until bed time.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
NCN

Izzy, one of the best lunches I have ever had at a restaurant was a fruit salad. I was on a diet as usual and we went to a meeting in Raleigh. We all went out together and everybody ordered things like chicken and hamburger. The only thing that fit my requirements was a fruit salad. It called for cottage cheese and I don't eat cottage cheese, so the lady substituted jello in the center. It had 2 canned pear halves, 2 peach halves, 2 prunes, apple circles, etc, and they were arranged on the oblong plate around the cherry jello. Everybody at the table wished they had ordered what I had.

Jeannie, if this restaurant is still there, it is downtown where the streets have bricks and no cars are allowed and you go around the corner to a furniture store and the restaurant is above the store. All the Raleigh people in government go there. It had atmosphere. The cafeteria at Crabtree is another favorite place for us to eat when we went there for meetings.

Last edited by NCN; 10-24-2008 at 08:12 PM..

Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post

home-made chocolate cake

Wow! small world all right!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, one of the best lunches I have ever had at a restaurant was a fruit salad. I was on a diet as usual and we went to a meeting in Raleigh. We all went out together and everybody ordered things like chicken and hamburger. The only thing that fit my requirements was a fruit salad. It called for cottage cheese and I don't eat cottage cheese, so the lady substituted jello in the center. It had 2 canned pear halves, 2 peach halves, 2 prunes, apple circles, etc, and they were arranged on the oblong plate around the cherry jello. Everybody at the table wished they had ordered what I had.

Jeannie, if this restaurant is still there, it is downtown where the streets have bricks and no cars are allowed and you go around the corner to a furniture store and the restaurant is above the store. All the Raleigh people in government go there. It had atmosphere. The cafeteria at Crabtree is another favorite place for us to eat when we went there for meetings.
You guys are having so much fun! I love hearing your stories!

NCN! when a fruit salad is done right,it will be real delicious
Do you have a hometown buffet in your area? they have so much fruit there and salad too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals