Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Morning all!

I am sure you've heard of the wildfires here,uggh! feels like you are in a barbeque with lots of smoke! The Chino fires and the Dimond Bar fires was just across the freeway,so can you imagine.luckily the fire didn't jump and it's ok now. It is pretty bad. I have been to the Dimond Bar The Country gated complex,it's very very expensive area, I heard that Snoopy Dog lives there, There are many asians that live there.
Everything's ok,just a little tired of the smoke,we have the windows and doors closed.

coffee first, too early for breakfast
Just take care of yourself Izzy!! I lived through the Mt. Pinatubo eruptions in the Philippines. There were fires everywhere. It will take a while to clear the air of the smell. You're smart keeping doors and windows closed, it's hard to get (the smell of smoke) out of the walls and carpets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
It's a golden day here today-our Izzy has her 3rd star!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Morning all!

I am sure you've heard of the wildfires here,uggh! feels like you are in a barbeque with lots of smoke! The Chino fires and the Dimond Bar fires was just across the freeway,so can you imagine.luckily the fire didn't jump and it's ok now. It is pretty bad. I have been to the Dimond Bar The Country gated complex,it's very very expensive area, I heard that Snoopy Dog lives there, There are many asians that live there.
Everything's ok,just a little tired of the smoke,we have the windows and doors closed.

coffee first, too early for breakfast
Izzy, because of my asthma I would probably have major resp problems if I was there. Take care of yourself.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Kathy Smith step work-out this morning

breakfast...oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I hear you there. My wife get's irate because I refuse to buy anything for me. In fact, she just bought me new underwear because my old ones are so worn out. I am really trying not to buy new clothes right now. Since I am focusing on losing weight and have been cleared to go back to the gym, I'm wary about buying anything that I might only wear for a short time (I'd hope!!).

But, she's the same way. We both owe serious debts from our last marriages and have made taking care of the kids and paying those bills our priority over things for ourselves. She's great that way. I just wish she would spend a little more on herself. I had to quietly go out and buy her a gift certificate for "the works" from the local spa (facial, manicure, pedicure, massage). So... she had no reason not to go, or the card would expire! hehe
I can understand your point of not wanting to buy clothes and the goal to lose weight. Wouldn't want to spend money that way either.

A gift card for the spa, what a wonderful husband you are!!! That is one of the best gifts you can give a woman, well at least I think it is

Izzy, I've been hearing about the fires for weeks now and I hope they get them out very soon. It's so sad to see so many houses destroyed

Finally went to the doc and she said my not hearing is a result of my cold and it can last another day or two or three. Well I can live with that, DH already lives without the hearing his whole life. At least he's not hearing very well when I'm talking .

After taking a pretty short walk with DS, visiting my grandparents and playing with DS I cooked dinner and watched the food network with my mom.

Tonight's Dexter night so I'm off in a sec.

Dinner:
1 wrap stuffed with some salad leaves and ground meat in a creamy sauce.
2 pieces of chocolate.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Just take care of yourself Izzy!! I lived through the Mt. Pinatubo eruptions in the Philippines. There were fires everywhere. It will take a while to clear the air of the smell. You're smart keeping doors and windows closed, it's hard to get (the smell of smoke) out of the walls and carpets.
I hope you feel better Steve

Yeah,yesterday I had a headache and felt sick,today it seems things are better on my side

Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Yeah! 3rd star! thanks for all you guys!

Jeannie,I didn't have respitory problems but my eyes were itchy,who knows what's in the air,scary!

I am proud of all these firefighters,they are brave

Breakfast
oatmeal,rye bread and olive oil

lunch
stir fried chicken with brocollli,brown rice

Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Izzy, That smoke would give me a fit too. I am allergic to smoke, so it is always the no smoking section. If I smell smoke, I can't taste the food. My nose just stops up. You may want to get an ionizer to help keep the indoors fresher. I use one to clear out food odors sometimes. I would think that smoke would be bad for your lungs, even if you are not allergic to it. I have been thinking about you. It really looks bad on TV. Thanks for telling us. I didn't want to ask about it in case it was upsetting you.

Congratulation on all the gold, Izzy and Rath.

Jeannie, is it cold enough for you. Have you looked at the mountain weather. Time to get your skis out. I have never been skiiing, but if we had had the slopes when I was younger, I think I would have been on them. When we went to Sapphire Valley years ago, the ski slope went right by our deck. Unfortunately it was the last of September and the first of October. We had a big misunderstanding on the room choice. We chose a deluxe because they usually have a hot tub but that room did not have one. I asked about it and was told it was a deluxe because of the view. That was the room that had the ghost in it. I love Sapphire Valley, but I will not be going back to that room.

Cabbage and one hushpuppy for dinner. Cashews for lunch with a couple of fig bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals