Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 03:56 PM

12 posts, read 35,431 times

Advertisements

Pulled a muscle near my elbow and the doctor wants me on PT. Any recommendations? Like for it be near work/home if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,779,260 times
Tamara at North Dallas Physical Therapy, off of Coit, between Beltline & Arapaho
(972) 480-8514 ‎

Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM

18 posts, read 80,435 times
I think you have to have an rx from your orthopedist to start PT in the first place - right?? Who did he/she suggest?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettylu View Post
I think you have to have an rx from your orthopedist to start PT in the first place - right?? Who did he/she suggest?
They want me to use their in house PT. I'm sure they are OK but, they are in Plano and I want to find someone closer.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 PM

21 posts, read 40,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettylu View Post
Hey, I'm a PT. I can help you with this one. Legally in Texas, a PT can evaluate a patient without the physician's referral, but you don't see this happen a lot because some insurance companies will not reimburse for the evaluation without the physician's script. A PT cannot treat a patient without the referral. In this case though, it seems that the original poster already has seen his physician and received a referral. If the physician gave you a signed referral to go to PT, you can go anywhere you want. You are not limited to just one clinic, even if the referral has a clinic's name on it. It is the patient's choice to receive therapy wherever they choose.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-15-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,066,449 times
your insurance might need referral from your MD to authorize payment--ask them for referral to someone closer or at least find out what your insurance will cover unless you are just willing to pay out of pocket--I would not take the recommendation of someone on this board for what YOUR insurance will cover without finding out what the policy requires...just because you can GO to any PT does not mean that your insurance will cover just any---or cover all the cost...
most insurance plans have co-pays for service like this and negotiate a fee between itself and the provider--if there is no contract then you are going "out of service coverage" and you bear majority of the cost for treatment

Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 PM

21 posts, read 40,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
your insurance might need referral from your MD to authorize payment--ask them for referral to someone closer or at least find out what your insurance will cover unless you are just willing to pay out of pocket--I would not take the recommendation of someone on this board for what YOUR insurance will cover without finding out what the policy requires...just because you can GO to any PT does not mean that your insurance will cover just any---or cover all the cost...
most insurance plans have co-pays for service like this and negotiate a fee between itself and the provider--if there is no contract then you are going "out of service coverage" and you bear majority of the cost for treatment
Exactly, always check with your insurance provider first. Most clinics will be able to take your insurance information and give you the layout of your coverage. Make sure that what your insurance company tells you and what the clinic tells you are the same. Check if you are under a plan that has a difference between "in-network" providers and "out-of-network" providers. The difference in what you would be charged is a lot, so stay with your in-network providers.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 PM

I ended up going to the one in Plano. They were approved by my insurance. $50.00 copay just for them to apply a warm pack, apply cortisone gel with ultra sound, and then apply a cold pack. If it fixes me, I guess it's worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: