Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,439 times

Advertisements

I just bought a house last year and the whole gardening/lawn care is new to me. This spring my front lawn is probable 1/3 red clover. I dont really mind it but I want the grass to grow in my lawn. Im trying to stay organic and have purchased some organic fertilzer for the lawn but Im not sure if I should mow the clover down first or try to get rid of some of it. I dont want to put anything chemical on it and so Im trying to find the best way to do things.

Ive read I should try to rake it up, that it come up pretty easy but there is a lot of it. Any advise on what I should do? Try to rake it? Just mow it down and then fertilize over it.

The clover side of the lawn is all green but the other half it just coming out of dormant stage. Im in northern Dallas area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 09:45 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,558,230 times
I don't know the answer outside of manually removing it.

Here are a couple places you could ask:

Dallas County Master Gardeners
Welcome to Dallas County Master Gardeners Association

"Dallas County Master Gardeners provide free gardening advice to area residents. We welcome the opportunity to help you find the solution to your gardening problems. Just give us a call @ 214-904-3053 Hours: M - F, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Email: dallasmg@ag.tamu.edu"

Collin County Master Gardeners
Collin County Master Gardeners - Home (http://www.ccmgatx.org/index.asp - broken link)

"Collin County Master Gardeners welcome inquiries about your specific gardening issues or about any of the programs and services we offer the community.
Have a gardening question? To submit a question to our Help Desk, click here or call the Extension Office at (972) 548-4232 or Metro (972) 424-1460, x 4232. The Master Gardener Help Desk is not staffed 24 hours per day, so please allow a reasonable amount of time for us to research and respond to your inquiry.
You are also welcome to visit the Collin County office of the Texas AgriLife Extension Service in McKinney, especially if you need to show us a sample of the pest or plant disease you wish to identify. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please call ahead to be certain that a Master Gardener or the horticulture agent is available."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas