Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 45,081 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about taking a position in Plano near Shepton and Preston Road and I was wondering what would be a nice area to rent an apartment. price range up to $750. 27 male, single. Prefer luxury apartments if those fall within the aforementioned price range. Looking for well-managed, somewhat quiet/ isolated, professional area... and not too far from nice clubs, bars, restaurants, movies, etc. I saw a few places online like La Ventura, Villas at Spring Creek, Spring Creek Apartments, Lincoln at Town Square, Archstone Legacy, and Camden Legacy Park. These looked pretty nice from what i saw and read. Would that be accurate or am I off? It didn't look like crime would be a problem either. Any other apartments I should consider? Wouldnt mind commuting a bit but quick access to the highway/tollway would be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Default From Harvey (Suburb of Chicago) to Plano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhatch64 View Post
I'm thinking about taking a position in Plano near Shepton and Preston Road and I was wondering what would be a nice area to rent an apartment. price range up to $750. 27 male, single. Prefer luxury apartments if those fall within the aforementioned price range. Looking for well-managed, somewhat quiet/ isolated, professional area... and not too far from nice clubs, bars, restaurants, movies, etc. I saw a few places online like La Ventura, Villas at Spring Creek, Spring Creek Apartments, Lincoln at Town Square, Archstone Legacy, and Camden Legacy Park. These looked pretty nice from what i saw and read. Would that be accurate or am I off? It didn't look like crime would be a problem either. Any other apartments I should consider? Wouldnt mind commuting a bit but quick access to the highway/tollway would be better.
By the way. Moving from Harvey, Illinois, which is a south suburb of Chicago about 5-10 minutes from the city limit. Harvey is NOTHING like the area Plano/Frisco seem to be. It's a predominintly black area but looking to move in a more diverse area with a diverse and educated population. La Ventura and Camden Legacy Creek look pretty good cuz they'll be close to the tollway but that's all i'm goin on. What about the neighborhood and the nightlife in those areas?

Old 08-21-2007, 05:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
The nightlife is in Dallas, not Plano---do you really want to try to try to get back to Plano after a night of fun at a cool bar or restaurant?

Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM

64 posts, read 204,116 times
Check out the apartments right around Legacy and the Tollway. I think it would be really fun to live up around The Shops at Legacy- there's lots of nightlife and great restaurants within walking distance. They often have okay bands playing on the streets on weekend nights. It's a fun atmosphere with a good deal of foot traffic.

M

Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM

Default what about north dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The nightlife is in Dallas, not Plano---do you really want to try to try to get back to Plano after a night of fun at a cool bar or restaurant?

yeah, i guess you got a point there. thanks for the tip too. Are there any areas within the city limits that have nice apartment complexes though? I prefer an area suitable for professional 20 and 30 yr. olds. doesnt need to be a fast paced neighborhood but not too far from the aciton either. Maybe even a gated community would be cool (with nice facilities). Any of those types of neighborhoods close to the tollway and/or preston rd (i guess North Dallas would be a place to start looking?)? I'd be working near Shepton and Preston Rd. in Plano, which i is just north of the George Bush turnpike (but i dont know the actual distance from it. according to the map on GOOGLE, it didnt look too far off though).

thanks in advance for anymore advice.

"J"

Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
I used to live at Amli on Frankford. It's by Coit and 190.

It's nice, has a couple nice pools and a great work-out room. It's gated, but the gate seems to be broken half the time, to be honest.
It's HUGE though, if that's a problem for you.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Legacy and Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyzmommy View Post
Check out the apartments right around Legacy and the Tollway. I think it would be really fun to live up around The Shops at Legacy- there's lots of nightlife and great restaurants within walking distance. They often have okay bands playing on the streets on weekend nights. It's a fun atmosphere with a good deal of foot traffic.

M
Where is Legacy on the map? what intersections do i look for? i get the intersections, i can see it a little bit on satellite view.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyzmommy View Post

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhatch64 View Post
Where is Legacy on the map? what intersections do i look for? i get the intersections, i can see it a little bit on satellite view.
nevermind. i found it. thank you

Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Try Addison around Addison Circle. The areas of most parts of Plano and Frisco are going to be more families even in the apartments. For a single person I'd head south. If you want to be close to more nightlife but not too far away from work then Addison would be my first choice. After that I'd head further south into Dallas in the Uptown, Victory Park, McKinney Ave, Knox-Henderson, Mockingbird Station areas. All of those are close to a lot of different activities and geared more towards the single professional or the young couple w/ no kids (or young at heart ). Most are well within walking distance to many restaurants, shops, clubs. Even Addison Circle is w/in walking distance to many restaurants and clubs to hangout at. It is also about a 1/2 block off the Dallas North Tollway.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:17 AM

625 posts, read 1,955,779 times
Default Shops at Legacy

You want to live at Shops and Legacy, but the apartments aren't going to be in your price range. The Shops at Legacy apartments go for $850 at the bottom level.

If you're not going to live at Shops of Legacy, then it's really not worth it in terms of night life.

I would then bail out and move to Addison. Post at Addison Circle is a good option, and those will be at the upper end of your price range.

You could even do uptown. The commute won't be that bad because you'd come straight up the tollway- against the flow of traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas