Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,807,211 times

Advertisements

Pick & Cut your Christmas Tree Farm Sites:

-- Texas Christmas Trees - Dallas/Fort Worth Region
-- Texas Dept of Agriculture's Choose & Cut Christmas Trees

Many of these tree farms offer full traditional family-day outings w/tours of the tree farms, hay rides to/from the tree selection sites, saws to cut the trees yourself or will offer to cut them for you, plus other amenities, such as picnic and children play areas, sometimes entertainment and free refreshments, gift shops, etc. Do call before visiting as some have had to close their businesses temporarily this season due to the drought.

Pre-cut Trees:
Highly recommend any of the Calloway's Nurseries for pre-cut trees and real holiday decorations - located in their indoor greenhouses, another plus! Always a pleasant experience just to go and walk through their nurseries filled with trees of all species, some flocked, some not, and all of their other beautiful holiday plants and greenery. Seventeen metroplex locations.

See: Main page:
Calloway's Nursery
Weekly Specials: Weekly Ad
Coupons: Days of Christmas Savings Coupons

Please do add your own post of recommendations below...

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-11-2011 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 09:11 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,750,328 times
Krogers. We got a 6 foot tree for $29 and it came with a water stand.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,561,991 times
There's a farm in Flower Mound...same place as the pumpkin patches

Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,262,597 times
We are using out good old 9' fake tree. It's been good to us and I keep it decorated and stick it in the attic. I add or remove some decorations yearly. I have however bought a couple of fresh pine wreaths from Costco and they smell nice. They will be a lot easier to dispose of than a tree.

Naima

Old 12-02-2011, 01:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Sandone's (NW Highway at Abrams) or Patton's (NW Highway at Plano Road).

Old 12-10-2011, 09:35 PM

291 posts, read 674,982 times
So I'm thinking of buying a real Christmas this year since this will be my little girl's first Christmas. It's been 10 years or more since I've purchased a live tree and I was living out East back then. How much does a 5 or 6 ft tall live tree cost approximately? My boyfriend has a small car - will we have to find a place that delivers or will be able to get a tree on this car?

Oh, and in terms of places, places not too far from Oak Lawn/Uptown would be ideal.

TIA!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,436,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGGirl View Post
So I'm thinking of buying a real Christmas this year since this will be my little girl's first Christmas. It's been 10 years or more since I've purchased a live tree and I was living out East back then. How much does a 5 or 6 ft tall live tree cost approximately? My boyfriend has a small car - will we have to find a place that delivers or will be able to get a tree on this car?

Oh, and in terms of places, places not too far from Oak Lawn/Uptown would be ideal.

TIA!
Cost is all over the map, depending on type of tree you want, and where you go. I am always insistent on a pine - not a fir. For some reason they were tough to find this year. One place wanted $80-90, for a 7" Scotch Pine. The other wanted $30-$40. Guess where I got mine Home Depot had some nice Douglas Firs (If you are in to that kind of thing - I'm not judging ) for $20-$30. Fraser Firs (again if you go that way) for about $5 more. I found them to have a nice selection, at a a far more reasonable cost than many. Just no Pines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas