Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 60,517 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Princeton Texas from Mckinney because there are more homes in our price range there for building a new home, but we do not know much about Princeton. We moved to Mckinney Texas one year ago from Northwest Indiana and love our new home state. We have been renting in Mckinney and are now ready for a home. We would like to stay in the Mckinney or Frisco area, but we are looking to build and Princeton seems to be the best option for us. We want a community pool and a home for no more than 150k.

Can anyone out there give us some information about this town?

We are seriously considering a few communities in Princeton. It seems this town is beginning to grow and maybe might be the next Mckinney/Friso.?.?

What do ya'll think?

Thanks for your feed back!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,252 times
Taxes are high in Princeton. Also the streets are awful. Yes in maybe 10 years it will get better. Also, there is not much to do in Princeton. City park is ugly. Also, do not build with Premier homes or 5 Star homes, they jacked my sibling around and never delivered what they promised. They were just on channel 8 last night. How do I know these things? My sibling lives there.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,236,942 times
If you have school children, you need to look carefully at the school stats (you can research it thru Reg 10 Education Service Center website).

Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,236,942 times
Another point.........there are currently 36 registered sex offenders living in Princeton....that's a really big percentage of the population (they tend to cluster).

Any time you look at a house, you need to do your sex offender search before obligating yourself to buying or renting it.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:53 PM

46 posts, read 202,721 times
Whoa. Princeton has quite a ways to go before even placing it next to (not with) Frisco or even Mckinney. With lots of luck it might become Little Elm. You are right though about the prices being lower. There was a blurb about it this week in the news--namely, Premier Homes. Supposedly, Premier has left lots of customers in financial straits.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 11,308 times
Default Princeton

I have lived here in Princeton for 6 years. I thinks its great. A lot of new building going on. Some of the older homes are being torn down in OLD downtown area and new ones in place of. My boys all went to high school here. Very awesome marching band!!!! Your right that it has the potential to be the next "mini" mckinney. ((by the way, I am a real estate agent. very happy to help when your ready -email me at tiamills1963@yahoo.com))

Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 11,294 times
Smile princeton info

my sister in law also lives in area ---and is with Remax in Farmersville, Texas 10-15 minutes away---may be better place to live--

Old 10-11-2007, 04:47 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,088 times
I think they have some issues when it comes to kids, schools and homes....

Last edited by stargazer; 10-11-2007 at 05:22 PM..

Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,252 times
Ok. I'll be honest. WE really NEED your tax dollars in Princeton but I am going to be honest. You will pay through the nose in property taxes. Check out the property tax rate at collincad.org and see for yourself. Princeton will be a nice place to live in maybe in 10 years. Right now the local gov't is looking into raising revenue. Be prepared to pay high water/sewer rates if that happens. Also, their infrastructure is in shambles. Their water/sewer lines are EXTREMELY out of date and they have ruptured lines ALL THE TIME!! Yes, you will pay less for a home there now, but the local elected officials still operate under the good ole boy system and most of the people who show up to the city council meetings are OLD folks who don't want change. Read their newspaper, the princeton herald online. Good luck if you decide to move there. They don't even have an official library.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 PM

8 posts, read 35,196 times
Default Evolve

I live in Princeton and my advice is not to move here. We have been here over a year and can't wait to leave. As far as the schools go, it's not the teachers, it's the students parents that apparently didn't go to school. There are no activities for kids to do, except drugs.

They should follow Farmersville lead, You can make it look nice at least. Princeton literally looks like a junk yard with a McDonalds in the middle.

I'm not going to start on the local Gov. They're all related.

Please evolve. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas