Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM

954 posts, read 1,550,124 times

Advertisements

Per Southwest Airlines is preparing to link its network with AirTran Airways | Airline Biz Blog

Quote:
Southwest Airlines chairman and CEO Gary Kelly told an investment conference Friday that Southwest is about to begin connecting its network with AirTran Airways by beginning code-sharing.

Eventually, that’ll mean a traveler can buy a single ticket that has both Southwest and AirTran flights, such as flying from Dallas to Cancun or Mexico City through San Antonio or to New York or Nassau, the Bahamas, through Atlanta.

Kelly said the system that allows code-sharing “is ready.”
Moderator cut: copyright violation - see comment

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-15-2012 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted articles require posting a snippet (2-3 sentences only) from an article w/link per TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
Southwest is taking over airtran flights all the time. Slowly airtran is disappearing. I fly southwest about twice a month and love the new service to different cities. Im looking forward to using my points to vacation in puerto rico next year.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:07 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
This, plus the sunset of the Wright Amendment in '14, should really provide a boost to the "new" Love Field.... Let REAL competition in the DFW airline market begin! DING!

Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 AM

954 posts, read 1,550,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
This, plus the sunset of the Wright Amendment in '14, should really provide a boost to the "new" Love Field.... Let REAL competition in the DFW airline market begin! DING!
Is that at the beginning of 2014 or later in the year ? And does American still have some flights out of Love
and/or control of some gates at that airport ?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Is that at the beginning of 2014 or later in the year ? And does American still have some flights out of Love
I don't know the exact details, but I'm sure they're easy enough to find online. If memory serves, I believe AA did at one point have a few flights to/from DAL post-DFW, but not any more.

I believe DL and UA are the only other major airlines with scheduled flights to/from DAL besides WN (Southwest). But I'm sure that will change after the Wright Amendment is gone and the new concourse with more gates is open!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM

390 posts, read 715,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
And does American still have some flights out of Love
AA made a deal with the city to suspend flights until reconstruction at DAL is complete. After reconstruction, they will have 2 of the 20 gates at DAL. (WN will have 16 gates and Continental/United will have 2.) Now, no telling if AA restructuring during bankruptcy will impact any of this...but I assume AA will keep their 2 gates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas