Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,686 times

Advertisements

Hi all - we moved to texas last year. My son is turning two early next year and I want to start him off in a school so that he can begin to build his skills, both acamedic and social. I am researching on where to start him off. We live in the Lewisville-Coppell area. I am willing to drive a little bit if it is a good school. This is our first child so we are very much limited in our knowledge. We looked at a few (Kids r Kids, Childens courtyard, Primrose, etc) but did not like any much except Creme de la creme which looks a little more academically focussed and CLEAN for two year olds.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help us short list which schools to look at? I checked Greenhill, St Marks, EPS but none of them accept children younger than 3 years old.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM

172 posts, read 355,814 times
St. Alcuin or Lamplighters. I'm not sure they take 2 year olds but by next admission window, yours will be 3.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:14 PM

89 posts, read 137,126 times
Primrose is the most academically focused among ones which you are looking at. American Montessori on Plano Pkwy has very good reputation.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:04 AM

94 posts, read 204,449 times
I personally didn't find Crème de la Crème to be all that academically focused. I mean, any decent place is going to make sure that kids learn stuff, and CDLC is no exception, but I didn't feel like they had a particularly unique or well thought out approach to education. To me, it felt primarily like a lot of glitz to impress parents.

Anyway, are you looking for full-time care (like M-F 8-5 type hours) or part time (fewer than 5 days, or just 3-5 hrs/day, or both)? Some schools that you might look at if you need full time care: Coppell Montessori Academy, Spanish Schoolhouse, Apostles Day School. We've had kids at one of those schools for almost four years and we are very happy (feel free to PM me if you want to know which one and/or more details), and we have good friends at the others. Depending on where you are at, you could also look at Castle Mound Montessori (in Flower Mound) or Castle Hills Montessori (in Carrollton). Again, friends at Castle Mound, very happy.

For part time, a lot of the churches in Coppell offer preschool programs. Stringfellow School has a particularly good reputation. There is also Coppell Child Development Center. Also, all of the schools I mentioned before offer part time hours in addition to full time.

Personally, for a two year old, I would stick closer to home for preschool, unless you KNOW you're going to want to do St. Alcuin's or Lamplighter or another Dallas private school for the elementary school years. There are plenty of wonderful preschools in Lewisville/Coppell, and there are plenty of wonderful things you can do with your kid with the time and money you save by NOT going to one of those "elite" preschools

Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM

19 posts, read 32,141 times
Its a 15 month old stale thread, Hope Full's subtle advertising got wasted in vain.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,299,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pama View Post
St. Alcuin or Lamplighters. I'm not sure they take 2 year olds but by next admission window, yours will be 3.
St. Alcuin starts at 18 months. Rolling admissions I think.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:33 AM

153 posts, read 226,101 times
Best nurturing environment, lowest cost, highest return is found locally at Mother's School at Home Place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas