Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umme Ahmed View Post
We are trying to find a place which would be best suitable for us. I was confused between California and Dallas so i posted the thread in both the forums but the response i got from the other forum is not even worth mentioning. So Dallas it is If God wills
I read your thread in the California forum. I was un-pleasantly surprised at the way you were treated there.

Anyway, I think you would like it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,751 times
Default SubhanAllah! I want to move to Dallas for the same reasons as you but I am in NY

Quote:
Muslim family wants to move to Dallas,Tx
Assalamoalaikum.
I want to know which is the best area to live for a muslim family with 4 kids ages 14,6,4 and 2.in dallas. We used to live in Houston before but now moved to Missouri. But we are not very happy as
There is a lack of good islamic schools, zabihah food and pakistani grocery stores and pakistani community.The weather is also very extreme here.
We have heard good things about Dallas . They have good islamic schools. Good scholars like brother Noman ali Khan and Nasir jangda. Which masjid do they goto? Which is the best islamic school ? We want to live near a very happening masjid with frequent programmes and lectures for sisters and kids as well.also we would like the masjid to have a youth club for our 14 year old.
Please suggest a good area with best mosque, strong pakistani community,islamic school , desi grocery stores, zabihah restaurants and nice houses!
We are also looking to buy a dry c store in the area so please if anybody has any info regarding that then please help us out!
I know iam asking too much but coming from houston, iam positive i will be able to find something with my high criteria Insha Allah!
Jazak Allah .
Wa alikumussalam
I have 7 kids ranging from 20 to 2, (6 boys, 1 girl).Sister, everything you wrote is exactly what I am searching for. Please let me know if you moved to Dallas and how you are doing. I want to buy a house near islamic school and masjid. Any advice/suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
JazakAllahu khayr

Old 02-18-2014, 12:10 AM

44 posts, read 78,511 times
Default muslim family .....

Quote:
We are trying to find a place which would be best suitable for us. I was confused between California and Dallas so i posted the thread in both the forums but the response i got from the other forum is not even worth mentioning. So Dallas it is If God wills

Seriously, Umme, you sound like an educated, intelligent and polished woman. You do not have to defend your decisions you take on behalf of your kids. Do not even address these stupid comments on the Cali post. No body would have complained if someone was looking for a catholic school. Or said :God bless. That said, religion and schooling of the kids is a parental choice and we do live in a secular country.
Dallas is a wonderful choice and we are moving in a few months from Chicago. Wishing you all the happiness in this world.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:25 PM
zs4

18 posts, read 22,151 times
Most Muslim businessmen and many doctors move near IANT masjid in Richardson, or EPIC (East Plano Islamic Center) in East Plano, to be close to the Islamic schools in Garland and Richardson. Those with IT jobs usually move to Plano near the West Plano Masjid. Personally, I prefer West Plano. Its nice, clean, crime free and the Masjid is organized and wonderful. There are lots of after school Quran programs,full-time and part time hifz programs, after school tutoring program, Sunday school, programs for Sisters and Brothers. The only complaint I have with Plano in general is that it is really boring for adults, but that is only a secondary concern as long its good for children. Send you kids to Plano public schools and then send them to the masjid programs, so they can get the best secular and religious education by those are best in each. Islamic schools do a good marketing job, but they have lots of growing problems to sort out still. By the time they mature, my kids will have grown up and will have missed out on good well rounded education.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:49 PM

286 posts, read 450,383 times
I just read your California post and I am sooo disgusted. Truthfully, the type of bigotry I read on there is what I would've expected in the Dallas forum before I researched Dallas for myself.

California is suppose to be a lot more progressive than Texas but that is only in the media. California IS a melting pot and you will get a long just fine as long as you marry a white person or fully dismiss your religion. From what I've been researching about DFW you can be yourself genuinely.

There are enclaves of cultures but they are in small areas where they feel most comfortable as there isn't any judging.

Silicon Valley would be great for you but it is expensive.. you get a little for a lot. From what I've read on this board Plano will be a great destination.

I think you really handled yourself well on the California thread.
The more I research the more I find out that (at least the Dallas area) Texas isn't as backwards as media make it seems.. Good LUCK!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: