Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM

10 posts, read 11,673 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to know what the top 5 rated school districts are in the DFW area. We are relocating by the end of thIs school year. My oldest is going into Junior High and I want that school to feed into a really good High School. Any suggestions? We don't have a place to live yet. We are kinda basing it off of the school system.

Also, if anyone knows of good All Star Cheerleader teams, Dance teams and Gymnastics places that would be helpful. My girls are involved in all the above. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 11:03 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,536,428 times
Search the forum- this has been discussed in great detail at every price point

Old 03-08-2015, 11:08 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyinred80 View Post
I am wanting to know what the top 5 rated school districts are in the DFW area. We are relocating by the end of thIs school year. My oldest is going into Junior High and I want that school to feed into a really good High School. Any suggestions? We don't have a place to live yet. We are kinda basing it off of the school system.

Also, if anyone knows of good All Star Cheerleader teams, Dance teams and Gymnastics places that would be helpful. My girls are involved in all the above. TIA
Your budget and job/location will narrow this list down considerably. The top 5 high schools are:

1. Highland Park HS (HPISD)
2. Southlake Carroll HS (Caroll ISD)
3. Plano West Sr High (Plano ISD)
4. Coppell HS (Coppell ISD)
5. Plano Senior (Plano ISD)

Rounding out the top 10 public schools are Westlake (a charter school, but if you can afford to buy in Westlake your kids are auto- admitted), Flower Mound HS (Lewisville ISD), Flower Mound Marcus HS (Lewisville ISD), JJ Pearce HS (Richardson ISD), and Plano East Sr High (Plano ISD).

Old 03-08-2015, 11:16 AM

I am not able to search the forum using either my phone or my tablet for some reason and those are the only two things I have to use at this time due to everything I own being in boxes in a storage unit 1000 miles away. So I was hoping that maybe I could get just a little bit of help. Thanks though.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Thank You Turtlecreek! We are in the 100,000 income range... I know that Highland park is pretty exclusive though. I will look into the other ones!

Old 03-08-2015, 11:42 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
But where is the job and what commute can you stand?

Old 03-08-2015, 11:42 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times
Quote:
Thank You Turtlecreek! We are in the 100,000 income range... I know that Highland park is pretty exclusive though. I will look into the other ones!
$100k income isn't a home price. I'm going to assume you'll be buying in the $200-300k range which will knock most of the top schools off your list.

I would start with Plano East, Plano Senior, & possibly JJ Pearce zones, as they're the only ones that will have homes < $300k. This of course assumes you're not working Fort Worth!

For $200-300k home budget, Grapevine and Allen are probably the best bang for the buck. Have strong Tier 2 public schools. Grapevine is close to DFW airport and a pretty central location, while Allen is towards the far NE corner of the metroplex and is best suited for a job in Collin County.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:00 PM

We won't be buying a home right away. Renting to start with and we are looking at both homes and higher end apartment complexes. We will be working out of the Dallas area.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:28 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,120 times
Don't know about dance or cheer, but gymnastics, yes. Does producing Olympic Gold Medalists count as good?
WOGA :: World Olympic Gymnastics Academy

Old 03-08-2015, 02:55 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,536,428 times
Quote:
I am not able to search the forum using either my phone or my tablet for some reason and those are the only two things I have to use at this time due to everything I own being in boxes in a storage unit 1000 miles away. So I was hoping that maybe I could get just a little bit of help. Thanks though.
Gotcha. But like TC80 said, $100k income doesn't tell us your budget, and saying you are working in Dallas is also super vague. Other posts outlined some general areas with good schools, but you want to know about cheer. You will find good competitive cheer squads in the 'burbs and in town, so really it comes back to housing budget without knowing any commute info. Hopefully you can spend some windshield time and get a feel for different communities and match that with your specifics and find a place that feels like home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas