Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:39 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,763,091 times

Advertisements

I'm glad you brought this up - I've been wondering this myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,534 times
If I remember correctly, Doyle Davidson is a brain washer and his group is a cult.. I say this because he uses the families and says that God pledges women to him... meaning have affairs with them, even married ones. Once again another person perverting the truth of who God is... and over exerting his power as pastor to do wicked things. I had head about the Jezebel sermon from a segment from one of our local news stations. That report also showed there were others women he stalked if memory serves me correctly.

anyways back to the lady who killed her baby.. I was gone and living in Florida when that all occured but came back and heard about it. She is crazy for sure and I don't know if you could just blame Doyle Davidson for that... of course if he was called and asked to help, if he was a man of God and cared about his parishioner, then he would have tried to get them help.

Tamborines are fun, flags are too.. I like seeing people being happy but what is important is what is being said ... when I had seen the reports on tv being said about him, it really bothered me and continues too that he is televised.

Last edited by stargazer; 01-11-2008 at 10:10 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 AM

221 posts, read 600,433 times
Default Worship

I never have understood the fascination with that kind of "worship". I prefer a quiet and sedate worship myself. I do profess to being a Christian, but I don't go around waving a tambourine in the air and shouting from the top of my lungs. Nowhere in the Bible do I recall reading that Jesus or any of his followers did that either. And the speaking in tongues??? Oh, don't even get me started on that one. Well, too late...already did get me started. In the Bible it states that if anyone speaks in tongues there has to be an interpreter present to interpret what is being said. These fanatics today like this loud, dancing around, frenzied behavior merely because it is more conducive to people digging in their wallets or for their checkbooks.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:44 AM

We can talk about those things under the sub forum christianity under religion.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 AM

221 posts, read 600,433 times
Default Forum

Seems to me this whole thread should be placed there.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:01 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytoes2006 View Post
Seems to me this whole thread should be placed there.
Except the fact that the church is located in the Dallas area and the OP was wanting to know where it was. Someone in another state that has never been to Texas and thinks we are all a bunch of radical religious idiots would not know any better and this would just give them fuel to keep their misconceptions going. Even though this "church" (which I can not even consider it a true church, imho) is FAR FROM the the majority of churches in the state and area in its teachings.

I think it should stay here in the Dallas forum.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:55 PM

agreed about the thread, I though am talking about her beliefs she has expressed and the religion forum is a good place to discuss that if she wishes, not the preacher. Yes it is true about that perception.. were not a bunch of misfits...

Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

The church is in Plano off of Plano Pkwy in an old movie theater right across from Collin Creek Mall. On that little bitty street there is a Haverty's, Chick-Fil-A on the corner, the PGA store (cool store) and then that church at the end of the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I've been by that place so many times, and seen their little sign and never put 1 and 1 together.
No, the church you are referring to, mom, at the end of the little cul-de-sac south of the mall by Haverty's and all is the church I attend, River of Glory (River of Glory Church | Plano TX) It is a non-denominational Charismatic Church. Easy to confuse because of the "water-based names" but no association at all.

Water of Life, the one pastored by Doyle Davidson, is located in East Plano close to Williams High School. It is on 18th Street between Ave O and Ave.P in kind of a residential area. My son went to Willliams and I used to see it when I would pick him up over there. It is a very non-descript, small, traditional looking church building. You would likely never notice it. (I probably wouldn't have noticed it except I had to go over there so frequently.)

Last edited by kaykay; 01-12-2008 at 03:04 PM..

Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
No, the church you are referring to, mom, at the end of the little cul-de-sac south of the mall by Haverty's and all is the church I attend, River of Glory (River of Glory Church | Plano TX) It is a non-denominational Charismatic Church. Easy to confuse because of the "water-based names" but no association at all.

Water of Life, the one pastored by Doyle Davidson, is located in East Plano close to Williams High School. It is on 18th Street between Ave O and Ave.P in kind of a residential area. My son went to Willliams and I used to see it when I would pick him up over there. It is a very non-descript, small, traditional looking church building. You would likely never notice it. (I probably wouldn't have noticed it except I had to go over there so frequently.)
Oops, me bad. I don't know why for some reason that is where I thought they showed it on the newcasts back when that happened. Maybe they also got it mixed up w/ those water names

Hmm, I've never noticed it over there though. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm by there.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:21 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,418,232 times
I don't like this church. Kind of freaky really, especially on TV and that website is horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas