Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:10 PM

283 posts, read 404,577 times

Advertisements

Recently, I keep seeing all the house prices in the West Plano are rising like rockets. I wonder if things would be more settle down in the winter and more wise to buy at that time. Also, the house in 75025 especially the Rice Middle School are gone like within 3 days, I guess the house at schimelpfenig middle school should not be as crazy, in terms of house price, am I right ? Or maybe it's better to wait till Winter season to hunt for slightly cheaper. Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 11:41 PM

371 posts, read 553,998 times
I guess no one can predict the rate or direction of house prices. .. but looking at trends of relocations (corporate and individual ), and the demand for Plano homes, it is unlikely that prices will drop in the next couple of years (and the tight inventory in the Russell Creek area will ensure high demand). Of course, things might be getting bubbly now and winter might have lesser buyers to compete with - but anecdotally, last winter was crazy too where I live (Rice MS zone).

Schimelpfenig is a good school but academically Rice and Jasper are rated better and feed to Plano West (as opposed to Plano Senior for Schimelpfenig which feeds to Clark which is good but with the rezoning, has some clunkers like Carpenter feeding into it). And homes in Schimelpfenig are also catching up and getting to 120+ per sq ft.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:20 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,779 times
I have no crystal ball, but I feel hoping winter helps you out at this point is no more than wishful thinking.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayTexan View Post
I guess no one can predict the rate or direction of house prices. .. but looking at trends of relocations (corporate and individual ), and the demand for Plano homes, it is unlikely that prices will drop in the next couple of years (and the tight inventory in the Russell Creek area will ensure high demand). Of course, things might be getting bubbly now and winter might have lesser buyers to compete with - but anecdotally, last winter was crazy too where I live (Rice MS zone).

Schimelpfenig is a good school but academically Rice and Jasper are rated better and feed to Plano West (as opposed to Plano Senior for Schimelpfenig which feeds to Clark which is good but with the rezoning, has some clunkers like Carpenter feeding into it). And homes in Schimelpfenig are also catching up and getting to 120+ per sq ft.
We are looking at houses around North-West Corner of Custer and Legacy. Those houses appears above 120+, even though they're like 20yrs old. I find those houses less than $250k which falls into the investment house category is like hot cakes no matter where (can even be 130 per sqft !). Wonder if those Toyota or Liberty Mutual guys would continue to pour in over the next few months and continue to jack up the price ! Need to snap up first !

Old 05-16-2015, 07:34 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard88 View Post
We are looking at houses around North-West Corner of Custer and Legacy. Those houses appears above 120+, even though they're like 20yrs old. I find those houses less than $250k which falls into the investment house category is like hot cakes no matter where (can even be 130 per sqft !). Wonder if those Toyota or Liberty Mutual guys would continue to pour in over the next few months and continue to jack up the price ! Need to snap up first !
Those prices are going into bidding wars.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Those prices are going into bidding wars.
I know .... it's like as if people are fear of Toyota people will all come next year !

Old 05-16-2015, 08:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
The 50-60 year old houses in my neighborhood (Richardson) are selling for 130-150 sq ft. The fixer-uppers are around the 110 mark.

Good luck.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The 50-60 year old houses in my neighborhood (Richardson) are selling for 130-150 sq ft. The fixer-uppers are around the 110 mark.

Good luck.
WowI guess those closer to UTD (walking dist) should be close to 150 sf ....

Old 05-16-2015, 08:16 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
WowI guess those closer to UTD (walking dist) should be close to 150 sf ....
No, that doesn't have anything to do with it. UTD's not within walking distance of my neighborhood. It comes down to low crime, great schools, and awesome location.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:21 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I would buy now if possible. Yes winter demand normally softens (and inventory) but not enough to cause a price drop in this market.

By winter Prices will be 5-6% higher than today.

Even Lewisville and Carrollton is seeing $120+/sf with areas like Coppell seeing $140-160+/sf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas