Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:35 PM

634 posts, read 708,781 times

Advertisements

They are all worthless. Ask for a credit instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 08:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Have One Guard.

Happy.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:25 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,489,659 times
No to OLD Republic.....don't use them.
I've had better customer luck with AHS, HWA, and One Guard.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:25 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,701 times
Choice Home Warranty. Very unhappy! Had 49" ceiling fan with light go bad. Technician vey prompt and courteous. They agreed to replace fan. Going to send $70 to reimburse me for fan. They paid technician. You can't purchase 49" ceiling fan with light for $70. Plus almost 30 days and no $70 check!

Old 06-27-2019, 05:43 PM

134 posts, read 139,486 times
Count me in the club saying AHS is worthless. Well, not worthless if a home owner literally doesn't know how to turn a screwdriver or watch a youtube video.

My home is older and when we bought it, the seller paid for a year of AHS.

Things AHS didn't/wouldn't cover:
Hot water heater unless I could prove a licensed plumber came out and drained the tank every year since the heater was installed. (Literally, who is going to pay a plumber a min 2 hour service charge to come out, hook a water hose up to the hot water heater, turn a knob, wait for the water to drain, turn the knob again and disconnect the water hose?)

The fan broke on my AC unit. Nope, not their problem even though I had AC coverage. I had to pay the service charge to be told no.

Had to replace the washer line going into my garage (where the washer/dryer is located). AHS noped me again, this time over the phone so that was nice.

What they did replace:

My guest bathroom light switch burnt while I was for work. The wife called AHS and they were happy to send someone out. When I got back she told me about it. It cost almost $100 to replace a $3 switch and 10 minutes of the guys time. Since then, I've replaced several switches and wall plugs. It's not hard at all.

The only good thing they did was when a fuse blew out in my breaker box. A guy came out and shut off power to my house so he could replace it. I asked how much would that have cost had I not had AHS and he said that he didn't set the pricing but $300-400? Maybe a little less?

When my renewal came up for AHS, it was just under $600 for the year. I said no. They asked why and I said the only things you people covered were simple fixes and everything has a loophole. Your company saved me money on 1 job...a job that would have cost me less than your premium.

Now, if your not comfortable replacing simple stuff then it would make sense to get a home warranty. Just don't expect it to cover a lot of the expensive stuff.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:06 PM

134 posts, read 139,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Choice Home Warranty. Very unhappy! Had 49" ceiling fan with light go bad. Technician vey prompt and courteous. They agreed to replace fan. Going to send $70 to reimburse me for fan. They paid technician. You can't purchase 49" ceiling fan with light for $70. Plus almost 30 days and no $70 check!
What do you mean "you can't purchase a ceiling fan with a light for $70"?

Are you saying the $70 includes someone installing the ceiling fan?

I ask because I'm on Lowes website right now and they literally have 24 fans between 39"-52" with lights for under $70. And that doesn't include the sales they run every other month or so.

I bought 2 52" fans with lights and remote control, on sale, for $55 each last month.

If the installation is the pricing issue, I would recommend joining your neighborhood social media page. There are plenty of local companies that your neighbors can recommend who will install the fan for $20 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: