Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:04 AM

346 posts, read 730,497 times

Advertisements

I guess this is similar to my other post, but I've been noticing, some guys on this board will talk about "the women" in Dallas as being a plus of moving there. Like I said before, this seriously frightens me, as an outsider, hoping I'll be able to get dates, if I'm surrounded by Miss American contestants. I'm just wondering, why do you guys think Dallas women are better than women from anywhere else? I lived in San Diego and most of the girls there were thin, super tan and had fake boobs, etc. So, wouldn't you guys think San Diego women are just as hot? I'm also curious why you never hear women from Dallas gush about hot men. Are all the women centerfolds and all the guys hideous trolls or something? A little insight would be helpful. And, like I said before, I hope a transplant, like myself, can find a man there. Chicago is mostly women (most of them attractive), so hoping my odds are better in TX.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:06 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,320,497 times
There is a great deal more to consider than being "tan, super thin, with fake boobs." Anyone, even someone who starts out male, can pull that part off. So to speak. It's impossible for me to explain the allure of Dallas, Texas women. They care. They are clocked in. They do the work. Either it comes natural to them, or they consciously pursue the maintenance and optimization of femininity without becoming vapid caricatures. There are certainly great women across the country, and you've got FL, Socal, Brazil, etc., but Dallas, at any given moment, is the epicenter.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Basically we Dallas girls make the effort. I went out to a bar last night with friends after sweating my tush off most of the evening and I still freshened up, changed my clothes, etc. Instead of flip flops I put on some platform sandals, instead of a ratty t-shirt I wore a tight camisole, I put on a little makeup, re-did my hair, etc. Other friends who showed up had come off a workout or a shift at the nearby hospital and all looked put-together and polished except for the married one. Single women in Dallas are pretty much expected to make an effort, usually most married ones too, though sometimes the married ones stop because they figure they do not have to anymore.

(And no, we are not all supermodels. Even the "pretty" ones often are not actually pretty, they are simply fit with blonde hair and have done the best with what they have. "Well groomed" would be more accurate than "pretty.")

Old 07-03-2009, 07:09 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
The women in North Texas are just hot, plain and simple. I'm from Oklahoma, but have to say that the women around here are some of the best looking women in the entire United States.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:28 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
I guess this is similar to my other post, but I've been noticing, some guys on this board will talk about "the women" in Dallas as being a plus of moving there. Like I said before, this seriously frightens me, as an outsider, hoping I'll be able to get dates, if I'm surrounded by Miss American contestants. I'm just wondering, why do you guys think Dallas women are better than women from anywhere else? I lived in San Diego and most of the girls there were thin, super tan and had fake boobs, etc. So, wouldn't you guys think San Diego women are just as hot? I'm also curious why you never hear women from Dallas gush about hot men. Are all the women centerfolds and all the guys hideous trolls or something? A little insight would be helpful. And, like I said before, I hope a transplant, like myself, can find a man there. Chicago is mostly women (most of them attractive), so hoping my odds are better in TX.
Don't feel imtimidated.. you'll see when you get here.

Remember it's HOT here in Dallas, people get a little crazy after awhile.

I think you just have some self esteem issues, most girls do but just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:44 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,289,720 times
4ever,

All that most guys are looking for (well, they guys you'd want to marry anyway) is a woman who is kind, not overly dramatic or a game player, friendly, self-confident, and who takes care of herself.

If you're not in shape (not anorexic, but in shape & taking good care of your health & appearance), you need to be.

No guy wants to be with someone who is insecure & has to be constantly reassured. That's exhausting.

Focus on making yourself the best you can be & don't worry about the "competition."

I am a cute girl, work out but not a toothpick, not tan year-round, and have no problem meeting guys & getting asked out. You'll find that if you REALLY look at the girls here, very few could cut it as supermodels. But everyone is well-groomed. And everyone, including you, can look the part with some effort. It's not that hard.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:12 PM

213 posts, read 698,004 times
I'm coming here from living in North Carolina for a year and a half, and I don't see what the hype with the women is all about.

I have worked out at about 4 or 5 different fitness clubs (Lifetime in Garland, Lifetime in Plano, Gold's on Arapaho, Gold's in Plano, LA Fit in Richardson...) in the area over the past few weeks, and I have found the exact opposite to be true. I have seen far more overweight or even obese women in this area than where I came from.

Then again, I am comparing actual women and not college or near colleged aged girls, like some may be doing. I don't know, maybe this area's women let themselves go past age 30?

Last edited by Rumble; 07-03-2009 at 01:42 PM..

Old 07-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Ok, Rumble, you're making me feel better, and thanks to some of you women who've said nice things. People in Chicago tell me I'm attractive, but I've always heard the women in Dallas have big hair and look like Playmates, so that tends to get intimidating after awhile. It sounds like it may be similar to New York, that all the women dress up to go everywhere, even the store. Although, I know women there do it to get men and I'm hoping Dallas isn't just all about that for the reasoning. I'm not a slob, I don't think, but it sounds like I will have to actually dress up all the time, instead of just when I'm going out. Sorry I keep talking about this, but when you're my age (31), it starts to get scary out there, especially moving from a city where dating is nonexistent, to a city of beautiful people. I guess I can look at the positive, I can wear my dresses more, without people saying "why are you so dressed up?" :P I am really nice and totally drama free, so hopefully that helps down there. And, believe it or not, I DO talk about more than this in real life. :P

Old 07-03-2009, 03:20 PM

So what about Dallas guys? Do they make themselves look nice too, or is it also like in San Diego, where only the women look good? :P

Old 07-03-2009, 03:43 PM

175 posts, read 303,836 times
It just depends on what part of the city you frequent. If you're on the north side, women generally are better dressed, more fit, and possibly cosmetically enhanced, because north Dallas is the wealthiest part of Dallas.

This is not the case in poorer parts of the city. However, yes, generally, Dallas women are very beautiful and well put together. I think the allure is that big hair, great clothes, and tight trim bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas