Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2020, 02:24 PM

102 posts, read 61,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
Based on the COVID-19 data Dallas county map, here are the zip codes with the most reported infections -
75225 - 13 to 17
75206 - 9 to 12
75230 - 9 to 12
75204 - 9 to 12
75201 - 9 to 12
75219 - 9 to 12
75208 - 9 to 12
75115 - 9 to 12

All other zip codes have less than 8 cases. 75225 is the University Park area. It would be interesting to find out the age group for the infected people in 75225. All the zip codes above that includes downtown, uptown, M Streets, etc. seem to be dense.
Got a link to the actual map?

Old 03-29-2020, 02:46 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasDude View Post
Got a link to the actual map?
https://www.centraltrack.com/latest-...s-area-spread/
Not endorsing that website as I have no idea who runs it but included are links to Clay Jenkins’ Twitter feed where he posted zip code maps last Mon & Wed.

I know a ton of Park Cities and private school families traveled for spring break, mainly to Colorado and beaches. The ones who went to Colorado were alerted that they needed to self-quarantine for 14 days because of the Covid-19 clusters coming out of Aspen / Vail / Beck so it would not surprise me if most of the Park Cities / North Dallas cases were in families with school aged kids. We have several friends who had to self-quarantine after coming back from Colorado but haven’t heard of any who are sick/positive. A good friend whose kids are at one of the “elite” privates said the general parent consensus headed into spring break was “We’re in our 40’s and healthy, we won’t get sick. We’re going.” Hope that worked out for all of them....meanwhile, there is one student and one parent (unclear if in the same family) at their school who did test positive.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:48 PM

451 posts, read 320,533 times
That is the map that the Mayor of Dallas, Eric Johnson, referred to, as well. So the map in the link is legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
https://www.centraltrack.com/latest-...s-area-spread/
Not endorsing that website as I have no idea who runs it but included are links to Clay Jenkins’ Twitter feed where he posted zip code maps last Mon & Wed.

I know a ton of Park Cities and private school families traveled for spring break, mainly to Colorado and beaches. The ones who went to Colorado were alerted that they needed to self-quarantine for 14 days because of the Covid-19 clusters coming out of Aspen / Vail / Beck so it would not surprise me if most of the Park Cities / North Dallas cases were in families with school aged kids. We have several friends who had to self-quarantine after coming back from Colorado but haven’t heard of any who are sick/positive. A good friend whose kids are at one of the “elite” privates said the general parent consensus headed into spring break was “We’re in our 40’s and healthy, we won’t get sick. We’re going.” Hope that worked out for all of them....

Old 03-29-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
That is the map that the Mayor of Dallas, Eric Johnson, referred to, as well. So the map in the link is legit.
Yeah, I knew the map was legit. I just wasn’t endorsing any commentary on that website (nor did I even read it).

Old 03-29-2020, 03:00 PM

451 posts, read 320,533 times
Please spread the word.

Communities Foundation of Texas

Dallas nonprofit emergency contacts in response to COVID-19
Only for Emergencies - This list is to connect individuals who are lacking basic needs and are homebound.

Seniors: help with utility assistance, benefits eligibility and caregiver support
Senior Source: 214-823-5700 (www.seniorsource.org)

Employment: Shift Dallas www.shiftdallas.org

Financial assistance for families and children: Interfaith Family Services 214-827-7220 Ext. 100
ScreenCoordinato@interfaithdallas.org
www.supportformom.com

Housing: for families and children
Family Gateway - 1-888-411-6802 (Option 3)
www.familygateway.org

Mental Health:
Metrocare: 214-743-1215 callers will receive same-day response
www.metrocareservices.org

Pharmacy:
St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy: 469-232-9902
www.svpdallas.org/pharmacy

Old 03-29-2020, 04:20 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I know a ton of Park Cities and private school families traveled for spring break, mainly to Colorado and beaches. The ones who went to Colorado were alerted that they needed to self-quarantine for 14 days because of the Covid-19 clusters coming out of Aspen / Vail / Beck so it would not surprise me if most of the Park Cities / North Dallas cases were in families with school aged kids. We have several friends who had to self-quarantine after coming back from Colorado but haven’t heard of any who are sick/positive. A good friend whose kids are at one of the “elite” privates said the general parent consensus headed into spring break was “We’re in our 40’s and healthy, we won’t get sick. We’re going.” Hope that worked out for all of them....meanwhile, there is one student and one parent (unclear if in the same family) at their school who did test positive.
Why did so many Coronavirus cases come out of the Colorado mountain resorts like Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge? As you illustrate, there were of spring break trips to the Colorado mountains in a certain socioeconomic strata.

DFW residents tend to go to the CO mountain towns in the summer time to get out of the scorching heat here. I'm thinking that won't be happening as much this year.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:38 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Why did so many Coronavirus cases come out of the Colorado mountain resorts like Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge? As you illustrate, there were of spring break trips to the Colorado mountains in a certain socioeconomic strata.

DFW residents tend to go to the CO mountain towns in the summer time to get out of the scorching heat here. I'm thinking that won't be happening as much this year.
Breckenridge and Keystone patient zero had traveled to Italy. Aspen's first positives were ten Australian skiers.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:54 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
They are talking about closing our parks and trails because of overcrowding. Some folks aren't social distancing, therefore ruining it for everybody else. Lovely.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They are talking about closing our parks and trails because of overcrowding. Some folks aren't social distancing, therefore ruining it for everybody else. Lovely.
We went out for a drive yesterday. The density of people along the Katy Trail crossings made my skin crawl. I know that it was an absolutely gorgeous day but it was like St Patrick’s Day parade volume of people out in uptown / west village / katy trail.

I don’t know why people don’t comprehend that the longer we don’t all do this, the longer we have to do it.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:04 PM

210 posts, read 303,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It should be done. Folks are not getting "it."
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavi...order/2341197/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas