Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:01 PM

8 posts, read 21,670 times

Advertisements

This has got to be the dumbest argument to buy North. Of all the reasons to buy North, this is the first time i have had that somebody bought a 145k house in plano because michael irving lives in plano.

Are you aware that there are million dollar listings in the south?

In earlier postings, you referred to blacks as inferior. according to you, anything black equals ghetto. I guess the white house is going to be a ghetto in January?

You are the one with the problem.

The demographics are changing in TX and the US. If the trends continue, caucasians will be the minority. If you have problems living next to minorities, where are you going to flee to? Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 02:13 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
Obama is half white and in an upper class. Listen to him speak. He isnt ghetto. He is educated and is a millionaire. If he lived in DFW he would also buy a house in the northern areas just like all the people with money. I am sorry but Id rather live where the money is even if I am not the person with the money. The poor areas are full of crime and have inferior schools.

And by the way this is my first house i have ever lived in. I have always lived in apartments up until now. A house off of legacy west of 75 is a nice place to start.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Name one Dallas Cowboy that lives in a town in South Dallas. They have lots of money and can live anywhere they want. I wonder why they all move to the northern parts of Dallas? Hmmmmm

I can name many that live in the northern parts of DFW.

Jason Witten Roanoke Virtual Globetrotting: Jason Witten's House
Micheal Irving Plano Virtual Globetrotting: Michael Irvin's House
Deion Sanders Prosper Virtual Globetrotting: Michael Irvin's House
Marcus Spears Southlake Virtual Globetrotting: Marcus Spears' House

Should I post more?

I will help you out with this one.

Tim Brown and Jessie Armstead who were both pro-bowlers and they both live in Desoto. I name a few more if you like.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:18 PM

please do

and provide links to back up your claims.....

I'll be sure to post about 5-10 more.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:21 PM

869 posts, read 2,955,173 times
Quote:
Name one Dallas Cowboy that lives in a town in South Dallas. They have lots of money and can live anywhere they want. I wonder why they all move to the northern parts of Dallas? Hmmmmm

I can name many that live in the northern parts of DFW.

Jason Witten Roanoke Virtual Globetrotting: Jason Witten's House
Micheal Irving Plano Virtual Globetrotting: Michael Irvin's House
Deion Sanders Prosper Virtual Globetrotting: Michael Irvin's House
Marcus Spears Southlake Virtual Globetrotting: Marcus Spears' House

Should I post more?
Hmmm, we're talking about middle class neighborhoods and you want to bring in where professional athletes live. You just don't get it, do you?

Old 11-10-2008, 02:23 PM

I do get it perfectly clear. You are the one who doesnt get it. its logic. Where the rich live shows where the desirable areas are to live in Dallas. If your uber rich wouldnt you move to the nicest area? I would love to live within a few miles of the wealthiest people in the area. It means the area is nice. They pay a lot in taxes and that filters down into the schol systems. Wouldnt you like to share the same grocery store as Troy Aikman?

All these people live in Plano.

Troy Aikman - Dallas Cowboy Quarterback, Pro Ball Hall of Fame & Owner of Troy Aikman Ford
Lance Armstrong - 7 time Tour de France Winner
Steve Harvey - radio host and comedian
Stephen Katz - film & TV writer - wrote The Contract
H. Ross Perot - billionaire businessman & 2 time presidential candidate
Greg Ray - former auto racing driver in Indy Racing League.
Scott Mechlowicz - star of Eurotrip
Jennifer Vasquez - contestant on reality hit Big Brother 6 on CBS
Kristin Holt - host of G4's Cheat! and former Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader
Anousheh Ansari - Plano businesswoman & first female space tourist
Alan Tudyk - stage & film actor, Serenity, Dodgeball
Nastia Liukin - gymnast
Plano Homes, Plano Real Estate, Dallas Texas Real Estate, Plano TX Realtors - Plano Real Estate Blog

Old 11-10-2008, 02:30 PM

I have lived in the this city a hell of alot longer than a couple of years so arguing with you would be pointless. There is nothing wrong with living in Plano. They have great schools and its a good place to raise a family. Just understand that living north is not the only game in town. I currently live in Mesquite but it would not be my first choice if I had to pick someplace perfect. Infact I would not choose any of the northern or southern burbs. I would get a place overlooking White Rock Lake or Lake Ray Hubbard in a older neighborhood. There are million dollar listings in the southern burbs but you surely would have no idea because your experience revolves around driving around the area a couple of times. I can show you parts of Plano and McKinney that would make you sell your house and move out with the quickness. Everyone who moves to the DFW area has different requirements. This board is about giving people options. Move to the northern burbs is not a valid answer for everyone's. Glad it worked out for you but not everyone has the same criteria.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:31 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Good Lord.

I live in Lantana. Not exactly the ghetto. My neighbors are white, black, Mexican, and Asian. I can walk down my street and see people of all different races.

The "ghetto" is a state of mind in an area, not a refelction of the racial make-up.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I do get it perfectly clear. You are the one who doesnt get it. its logic. Where the rich live shows where the desirable areas are to live in Dallas. If your uber rich wouldnt you move to the nicest area? I would love to live within a few miles of the wealthiest people in the area. It means the area is nice. They pay a lot in taxes and that filters down into the schol systems. Wouldnt you like to share the same grocery store as Troy Aikman?

All these people live in Plano.

Troy Aikman - Dallas Cowboy Quarterback, Pro Ball Hall of Fame & Owner of Troy Aikman Ford
Lance Armstrong - 7 time Tour de France Winner
Steve Harvey - radio host and comedian
Stephen Katz - film & TV writer - wrote The Contract
H. Ross Perot - billionaire businessman & 2 time presidential candidate
Greg Ray - former auto racing driver in Indy Racing League.
Scott Mechlowicz - star of Eurotrip
Jennifer Vasquez - contestant on reality hit Big Brother 6 on CBS
Kristin Holt - host of G4's Cheat! and former Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader
Anousheh Ansari - Plano businesswoman & first female space tourist
Alan Tudyk - stage & film actor, Serenity, Dodgeball
Nastia Liukin - gymnast
Plano Homes, Plano Real Estate, Dallas Texas Real Estate, Plano TX Realtors - Plano Real Estate Blog

Wrong again. Ross Perot lives in Highland Park. Steve Harvey is been out for Dallas for years, I'm not postive to about Troy Aikman but I think he lives in Highland Park also. Nice try though

Old 11-10-2008, 02:34 PM

I know their are bad areas and good areas everywhere. But the northern areas as a whole are better than the southern areas as a whole. I have even talked to a couple realtors and they said to stay away from the southern parts of Dallas. Realtors surely know what they are talking about. In my search for a place to start a family and still stay relatively close to Dallas I found Plano to be the best area for me and my family considering safety, affordability, schools, daycares, and shopping/restaurants in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas