Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM

271 posts, read 1,667,914 times

Advertisements

Hey fellow Dallas residents. Next month I'll be flying from Dallas to Phoenix for a Cardinals game. I've decided to use Southwest Airlines for the first time, since they don't charge you for luggage. This means I won't be going to DFW.

I've never been to Love Field. And I would like to leave my car at the airport parking garage for four days.

How does long-term parking work at Love Field?

Is there a toll/ticket system like at DFW? (I don't have the TollTag thing)

From which street should I enter the parking garage at Love Field?

Is it normally traffic around the Love Field area?

Do the parking garages get filled up rather quickly?

I'm only familiar with the Express parking situation over at DFW. So I assume that parking procedures would be a little different at DAL.

Can anyone walk me through the parking procedures at Love Field? Is it a hassle like at DFW?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 PM

200 posts, read 548,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
How does long-term parking work at Love Field?
Can anyone walk me through the parking procedures at Love Field? Is it a hassle like at DFW?
They have a system similar to DFW terminal parking but I am not aware of any remote parking option. The cheapest terminal parking is $7 a day(covered parking) but you have to walk quite a bit. If you park closer the cost is $10 a day if I remember correctly. All in all a lot cheaper than DFW with plenty of spots available. No shuttle is needed just a bit more walk. Traffic may depends on when you arrive there. You may want to get there a bit earlier in case you get lost or get stuck in traffic. Parking-wise, I think Love Field is a lot cheaper and more convenient than DFW. Traffic-wise DFW may be slightly better. I don't usually use Southwest mainly because Wright Amendment. Once that's lifed I may use Southwest more if they offer better deals on the dates I travel.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:52 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
There's a couple of remote parking locations on Mockingbird and on the road leading into the airport. They have (or used to have) shuttles to the terminal building.

The covered parking garage is just in front of the terminal building and easily accessible from the access road. If you miss it, you can just go around and come back again.

On the off chance that you may be driving a car with Disabled Veteran's tags, you don't have to pay when you leave. It's free for disabled Vets. That's true for all airport parking in Texas and toll roads too.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times
From Mockingbird there is only one entrace to Love Field and is at Cedar Springs Road. From that entrance you can park at remote parking and take a short shuttle to the terminal - or - park in the terminal parking and walk thru that parking garage, cross the airport drive (which is the same road as that earlier entrance) and into the terminal. From that entrance you'll see the SW ticket counter. You could even take the bus from downtown.

Love Field is flying convenience like it was in old times... you know, the 20th century.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:51 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,743,369 times
I have parked both in the garage and at the Parking Spot just outside the airport. I actually prefer the Parking Spot.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
what about a friend to drop you off and pick you up?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM

All my friends live in Fort Worth. I live in Euless. It would be a hassle for them to drive into Dallas to drop me off and pick me up.

Anyway, this Parking Spot service greatly interests me.

At Love Field, is the entrance to the Parking Spot on Cedar Springs Rd or Aubrey Ave?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Bump

Old 11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,766,685 times
Turn on to Cedar Springs from Mockingbird towards the airport (a left turn coming from the west), and it's on the right. You can't miss it. Aubrey Ave is a tiny meaningless street.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,695 times
If you don't need to check bags, IMO the best parking spot is in the $10 garage one level down from the roof - you need to drive all the way to the top level, then start to head back down. As soon as you reach the first covered spots park right there. This puts you in covered parking 10-20 yards from the entrance to the skybridge that dumps you off at the smaller security checkpoint on the second level of the terminal right by the gates. Even around holidays I've never found this area to be full since most people cram into the lower levels. On the return trip you'll be in your car less than 5 minutes after getting off the plane. Again, this only works if you already printed your boarding pass and have carry on luggage only.

If you have to check bags this spot doesn't make sense since you'll be going downstairs anyway.

Of course you'll need to pay a premium in exchange for being lazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas