Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
The reason I vividly remember that street (Preston Hollow or Winding Hollow Ln.) is because I ran that red light twice in my old BMW that has Oklahoma plates this summer and I got scared that I would receive 2 $75 tickets in the mail by the time I got home. Thankfully I didn't.

Anyways, Bush in Dallas might be the talk of 2009.
I happened to be driving on that road today - it's called Preston Meadow, not Preston Hollow - so sue me. Anyway, the cops love to camp on that road, since it's a 30 MPH limit. Guess you got lucky.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:00 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,279 times
I apologize for making the thread political because I was the first to mention that I was an independent on the first page.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:00 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
Attached is an article from today's NY Times with a picture of the house:

Bushes Settle On a Home in Dallas - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I find it funny how people ignorantly blames Bush for everything. There has been a lot more factors contributing to the problems we have today then most people realize. I guess some people need an easy scape goat.
While you can't blame everything on Bush he hasn't done much to help himself, either. One of his biggest assets, his "folksy" demeanor, quickly became a huge liability. His 6th grade mastery of the English language and frequent verbal gaffes made us all look like idiots.

Plus we went from a Republican-led congress that spent 6 years launching special investigations every time Bill Clinton farted to one that spent 5.5 years towing the party line to a point where Bush misplaced the veto pen.

I find it supremely ironic that those who lambaste others for blaming Bush for all our problems conveniently forget that there were 2 Republican presidents between THEIR favorite scapegoats (Carter & Clinton).

Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I happened to be driving on that road today - it's called Preston Meadow, not Preston Hollow - so sue me. Anyway, the cops love to camp on that road, since it's a 30 MPH limit. Guess you got lucky.
I remember the intersection was Park Blvd. and Winding Hollow (I was heading east on Park Blvd.) and I once I ran that light for the second time at 50mpg and the speed limit is 40mph, my mom was like, "are you serious, John?" and I was like "oh geez!" I got very lucky because there are cameras on that intersection that did not flash at my Oklahoma plate numbers.

I know, sorry to go off topic...

Old 12-04-2008, 03:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Actually autotech that was considered Oklahoma not too long ago!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Actually autotech that was considered Oklahoma not too long ago!
I am just glad that I did not get any tickets to pay in the mail at my house.

Last edited by autotech4dallas; 12-04-2008 at 04:32 PM..

Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 PM

428 posts, read 1,396,537 times
I dont live that far away...wonder if there will be lots of traffic in that area?
With people watching and buses and things like that. Nooooo....

Anyways, welcome to the neighborhood.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:28 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times
Default Re:

Anyone bothered by the massive invasion of privacy? When you or I buy a house, or even Mark Cuban, the Jonas Brothers, or Tony Romo, the paper doesn't splash the exact address all over the front page.

Now, you can use the tax records to track down just about anyone, but is this level of detail useful (or even responsible) journalism?

Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Anyone bothered by the massive invasion of privacy? When you or I buy a house, or even Mark Cuban, the Jonas Brothers, or Tony Romo, the paper doesn't splash the exact address all over the front page.

Now, you can use the tax records to track down just about anyone, but is this level of detail useful (or even responsible) journalism?
True. However on the tax rolls any elected official or somene with high ranking or feels they need their address blocked can do so. Texas started doing that several years ago. Pretty sure that any of the ex-elected high ranking officials in Texas have blocked their identity on the tax rolls.

One of the news stations even had a flyover clip posted. GREAT! I'd say on that stations behalf that is pretty boneheaded. Pretty sure because of such that they will probably change something about the footprint of the home. Heck, even the tax office stopped posting the footprints of buildings and houses several years ago for EVERYONE because of liability and the issues that could arise from the safety standpoint of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: