Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 PM

120 posts, read 370,534 times

Advertisements

Folks,

Does anyone know of any companies that offer neighborhood real estate tours for folks who are relocating to the DFW area?

Specifically, I would like a day city/real estate neighborhood tour to provide an overview to cover the DFW neighborhoods and to get a flavor for the various types of neighborhoods and landmarks. Looking to relocate but want to really city that various areas. It would be nice if this tour included Desired North Dallas, South Dallas and Ft. Worth.

If the tour hit highlights that would be great was well. Please feel free to send me direct messages with companies or real estate companies who may offer this service. I would be willing to pay a fee for this type of tour.

Thanks.

MODERATOR NOTE: If you are recommending yourself, your company or anyone/company you are associated with, or if you have less than 10 posts already, do so by Direct Message (DM) to the OP only; otherwise, your post WILL be deleted.

Per ToS, recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts only. One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are NOT permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-08-2009 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: mod note
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,476 times
Good idea, but you would need to take a helicopter tour. The DFW area is much too large to tour on land in just one day. You would need to isolate the areas that you are interested in. The cities of Dallas and Ft. Worth could each easily take a full day just to get an overview. Then there are dozens of suburbs surrounding each city. To give you an idea of how large the DFW area is, compare it to the state of Massachusetts. The entire Dallas/Ft.Worth/Arlington metropolitan statistical area Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is home to over 6.1 million people and contains about 9,300 square miles. The STATE of Massachusetts Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, which is home to 6.5 million people spread over 10,500 square miles is only a little bit larger. I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, that's just the way it is. You can't get a good overview of Mass. in one day. Same thing fpr the DFW metro.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Hmmm, it could be done though. With MUCH planning, foresight and by someone that KNOWS the areas very very well. What price range and type of home are you looking for, your starting point (where will you be staying?) and such and I'm sure some of us could give you a quick 1-Day tour of the area. Of course we will probably mention places to stop to grab a bite to eat, pit stop, etc. along the route. Oh, and where have you already been that you don't need to see in this whirlwind 1 day tour? In another post you mentioned Uptown.... if you are familiar w/ Uptown then we could bypass that and head to other areas.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,953 times
Default Re:

I don't know of such a thing, but it's a GREAT idea!

When we relocated back in 2000, our first realtor tried to shove Frisco down our throats - "You get the most for your money - it's where ALL the relo people go!" Well, we had no interest in signing up for an hour-long commute each way.

After we ditched her, our second realtor hooked us up with Plano. Although that's worked out fine, it would have been nice to understand our options a lot better. For example, we learned, once our son started school, that we could have lived less than 3 miles from my wife's job and still been in the Plano ISD.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 AM

27 posts, read 94,466 times
Yes. A corrollary to "location, location, location" is realtor, realtor, realtor. I can recommend a very nice realtor who helped me buy my home. She is from real estate family, so she knows the DFW area very well. I don't think she knows Plano, Frisco, and the northern exurbs as well, but the first realtor I used would be absolutely fantastic for those areas (and she was saintly patient with me). Shoot me an email if you would like either or both names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas