Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 PM

7 posts, read 33,599 times

Advertisements

I am a 42 year old female ready to move on and begin a new life in the Dallas , TX area. YEAH !!!
I don't necessarily have to live in Dallas. From what I understand, it seems more pleasant and safer to live in a surrounding city like Plano,Arlington, Frisco, or Addison.
I am not a wealthy woman and I need to find a safe ,decent 1 bedroom apartment for approximately $800/per month. The apartment review websites haven't been much help.
I need to know about cities surrounding Dallas that are safe and reasonably priced. I would love to live near stores and restaurants and shopping.
Any help about safe affordable living would be appreciated.
Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 08:17 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,452,319 times
Try La Ventura in Willow Bend (West Plano).

2600 Ventura
Plano, TX 75093

Close to the 190, Tollway, Preston and many, many places to shop and eat.

Gated.

Million+ homes across the street (excellent walking area) with a top ranked elementary school (makes it feel more like a home to me with the school being across the street).

I have a 1BDR on the pool and it's just within your price range. We also have a nice on-site car-wash, catered breakfast on Saturdays, etc.

Feels more like a nice hotel vs. an Apartment. If I call in the morning to tell them something needs looked at, it will be fixed before I come home from work.

It does really well if you look at it on ApartmentRatings.com

I'm actually sad that I have to leave in July.

I'm not aware of any crime here....seems extremely safe. You even have a Starbucks and a Borders within walking distance (if you like that).

I looked at about 12 other apartment complexes and this one clearly stood apart. Not cheap, but very nice. Even the style is nice (stucco) as it reminds me of San Diego.

Last edited by socketz; 05-20-2007 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-20-2007, 08:26 PM

Thanks, Socketz. I appreciate the info.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:33 PM

709 posts, read 3,479,416 times
You might find something you like in the Austin Ranch area ... I think it has a Plano address but it is on the edge of Carrollton. Several of the teachers I work with live in that area and really like it. It is close to Willow Bend Mall, 121 Hwyway, Dallas North Tollway and 121 Tollway. It is also just south of Frisco which has large mall and many restaraunts etc... several large movie theaters etc...

It is also located close to Plano Presby Hospital and many doctor offices and dentist offices... all in vincinity of Willowbend Mall area. Several large churches are up that way as well if you are looking for a church home as well. Prestonwood Baptist, Fellowship Bible Church, etc...

Last edited by sonshinelife; 05-20-2007 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: more info.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:40 PM

I like Austin Ranch, but I think everything is a little more accessible over here closer to Preston. Austin Ranch is more peaceful/quiet as an overall area. If you have kids, they will map to Lewisville schools over there.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,508,182 times
Where will you be working? I'm not so sure about Arlington being a good choice. I just drove through the Willow Bend area of Plano today on my way somewhere and that does seem like a very nice area.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 AM

709 posts, read 3,479,416 times
I think she stated she is a single women looking for a safe area... but even if that status changes

Austin Ranch last I heard was in the Plano schools. I could be wrong but this is what I was told by one of the teachers I worked with last year as her son would be attending an elementary school that was located off Midway just north of Park. Even if I am wrong... the elementary, middle school, and high school that I think would be in the Lewisville ISD would be in some fine areas and have some good reputations.

Last edited by sonshinelife; 05-21-2007 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: more info.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:21 AM

Midway is the breakpoint, so you could be right about the schools. My friend at work said Lewisville (she's in Kings Ridge), but I never confirmed.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 PM

I also appreciate the feedback from Sunshine life and Far North. BTW, I am also relocating w/enough $$ to support me for 3 months , so I won't know where I will be working until I find employment. I also need feedback on decent employment opportunities in the financial field.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,236,284 times
Aren't most of the financial jobs in downtown? That's going to be quite a commute..

I would try The Village Apartments or the great older complexes just south of there around University between Skillman and Greenville (popular with SMU community - and not just the students). That is if you can find one that isn't scheduled to be redeveloped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas