Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,379 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We currently live in Virginia and would be relocating to the Allen/ East Plano area in the next 4-6 weeks. We would like to finalize on home soon and could use some advice from people in this are. My husband would be working in East Plano and we have a few friends in the Allen area and hence the interest in living there.

We also have a 4 year old and hence school district is a real important criteria along with good community facilities especially since we have baby # 2 on the way and may not be able to move out too much at the beginning.

We are looking for a single family home in the 400k to 525k range and would work with only the best builders in that area.

We would really appreciate the advice as we are kind of overwhelmed with all of the decisions we need to make.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:57 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,296 times
Look in the 75013 (Allen) and 75025 (Plano) ZIPs. Twin Creeks, Suncreek, and Montgomery Farms are a few specific communities there. Some parts of this area in Allen are in PISD, the rest are Allen ISD - one section of Suncreek is actually in the city Plano but just barely (east of Alma at Hedgecoxe).

The Allen senior high school is very large (there is only one) but overall AISD has mostly exemplary schools - so you might focus on the areas falling in PISD if the size of the high school concerns you - although the PISD senior high schools are not exactly small. [also, FYI for the areas I mentioned above -- PISD elementary: Rasor(recognized), Beverly(exemplary) _ PISD middle school: Hendricks(exemplary) _ PISD high school: Clark(recognized) _ PISD senior high: Plano East (but this could change to Plano with the imminent revision of PISD boundaries - both are recognized)]

Pretty wide range of housing , so it sounds like something should fit your budget - actually, some newer parts of Twin Creeks even have 1+ acre lots but prices are in the $1 million range (Wimberly Place in Twin Creeks). Good luck.

Last edited by tyanger; 01-07-2010 at 04:34 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 05:06 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
Rolling Ridge in Murphy. Definitely fits your criteria. Close to East Plano and to Allen. Schools are PISD and are very good, plus there's a new 9-10 HS under construction as I type this.

Murphy's town center is FM 544 and Murphy Rd (2551) and Rolling Ridge sits at the north end of town at Murphy and Betsy (aka Park Rd in Plano).

We're close to everywhere you'd need to go, but also have a small town feel.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 PM

161 posts, read 725,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Rolling Ridge in Murphy. Definitely fits your criteria. Close to East Plano and to Allen. Schools are PISD and are very good, plus there's a new 9-10 HS under construction as I type this.

Murphy's town center is FM 544 and Murphy Rd (2551) and Rolling Ridge sits at the north end of town at Murphy and Betsy (aka Park Rd in Plano).

We're close to everywhere you'd need to go, but also have a small town feel.
I concur that Murphy would be a great place for you to consider - especially if working in east Plano. We ended up in Allen instead of Murphy only because we had a high schooler and were worried about the 9-10 high school. Now they are building a new one! While some parts of Murphy feed into the Wylie school district, I think many people prefer the Plano schools. Always have to check the school districts, they can vary even within the same city.

Allen is great too - just bit further commute. I like StarCreek, Twin Creeks, Waterford, Montgomery Farms - very family oriented communities with lots of kids and stay at home moms.

Last edited by canuckmom; 02-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
If I had that kind of housing budget, I'd go for Twin Creeks in Allen.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 AM

212 posts, read 459,680 times
Star Creek is the way to go for that kind of budget.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times
I second the suggestion of Twin Creeks.

Just to follow up on tyanger - the Plano ISD areas he mentioned will feed into Plano Senior, not Plano East, starting in 2013.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 AM

37 posts, read 125,990 times
Good options for that budget in Star Creek, Twin Creeks in Allen which are two really nice subdivisions. If you're interested in large lots (1+ acre) with that budget you can get into some places in Allen or Lovejoy ISD that are in Lucas - Claremont Springs comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas